• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lite n up Eddie, there ain't a Shelf big enought to hold all them parts. They have to be produced by Proven manufacturers, when the time comes. Paul is lining them up now.
tarairforce,
Why do you think I should lighten up? If you click on the person in question's avatar, and read what he has posted, since joining the forum, you will see this individual has yet to make a positive comment, and states his personal opinions as facts. If he wants information, he should request it in the form of a question, and leave his personal opinion out of it, instead of taking everything that has been said out of context. Like his last post, requesting, in a survey, of our members incomes, by asking our members how many elios they can afford. He says he only wants facts. Then he should wait until the elio is in production, and he will have all the facts he will need. I doubt he has any money down on an elio, and meets the true definition of a troll. I generally enjoy reading all opinions, even the negative ones. I have even posted my own share of smart a** coments at times. Although, I would like to think that at times I have posted some information that has value to the people viewing them.
The man says he's an engineer. So maybe he should go engineer his own vehicle, instead of constantly stirring the pot. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, Eddie66 you are funny.
I would say more but you proved the point that you as Elio lover wears blinders when it comes to wanting all the facts.
Oh, your smart a** comments shows who you.
Oh,I'm 1K all in. That's why I have the right to ask questions, Money down where it counts.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, Eddie66 you are funny.
I would say more but you proved the point that you as Elio lover wears blinders when it comes to wanting all the facts.
Oh, your smart a** comments shows who you.
Oh,I'm 1K all in. That's why I have the right to ask questions, Money down where it counts.
No Wayne, I, like most people here, understood when I put my grand down, that I believed in the process and the company, and was willing to put my trust the fact that it was worth the gamble that this team will bring the vehilce to production. I already understood I was not part of the process, and I was only investing in a place in line. Something I would say you never should have done if you had any other expectations. By the way, I can only afford one Elio. Does that make a difference??

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No Wayne, I, like most people here, understood when I put my grand down, that I believed in the process and the company, and was willing to put my trust the fact that it was worth the gamble that this team will bring the vehilce to production. I already understood I was not part of the process, and I was only investing in a place in line. Something I would say you never should have done if you had any other expectations. By the way, I can only afford one Elio. Does that make a difference??

Well said, eddie66.
It IS an investment. Their are risks involved. With any investment, the research should be done "before" putting money down. Once we "take the leap", we should do everything that we can to encourage the success of that investment.

Can you imagine say, buying a "Mickey D's" franchise, hiring managers and employees,and then everyday while working with these people, telling them all what a big mistake you made or how you don't trust the CEO's? Likelihood of failure?........99%.
Advise?....Ask those questions that are nagging you. If the answers don't satisfy you, DON'T put your money down! If you really don't think this will happen...move on! Stop wasting your life!

Treborfoot

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I believe in facts. I'm wanting to know where the facts are. . Can I believe this, will this assure the dependability of the Elio or when my Elio breaks will I be told the part is not available due to poor planning.

Here is a fact for you Wayne. The ELIO comes with a 36K Mile / 3 year warranty.

Read the Act below

Magnuson–Moss Act
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2301

Synopsis

The act says that warranties must be "conspicuously designated" as either a Full Warranty or as a Limited Warranty. I believe the terms of the act mostly apply to full waranties. I note that makers tend to advertise "powertrain warranties" etc rather than "full warranties". (example)

See FTC advice for more on "Full" vs "Limited" warranties and other aspects of the act. A powertrain warranty can be either full or limited (as defined in the act).

A consequence is that vehicle manufacturers must be able to provide parts during the term of a warranty (if any) made at the time of sale. They need not make or stock these parts themselves.

Vehicle makers could choose not to do so, but then they would be required to provide a replacement vehicle or a full refund of the vehicle cost. In practice it is usually more cost effective for makers to procure replacement parts to effect a warranty repair.

A further consequence is therefore that replacement parts are also available to people who do not have a warranty claim.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I trusted the Elio Co. myself. But wanting to know if most of the parts are coming from shelves that are already used in other autos isn't a what I call a cut on Elio, just maybe they stretched or misspoke a little to early. You do know that they have misspoke a couple times already don't you.
As far as the risk I did put down the 1K but if someone believes the information that a man on the tube saying it will be done and takes it as gospel then I ask you to look at the rest of the world and the men that have made statements to be proven wrong later on or had to backup and start again.
I think Paul will pull it off but I'm not the type to sit on the side and take one mans word when there is no track record to back him up. That's what you call doing your homework. I'm curious just as the rest on here want to know When, Where, How and Why about the Elio and the Company.
I've never said I would not buy (as some idiot said I said) if I didn't know where the parts came from.I just wanted to know if parts would be available as easy as Paul wants us to think. Can I go to NAPA or etc. and get replacement parts when the Elio breaks down.
If I hurt your DIEHARD feelings then that's life, get over it. It's JUST A QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

And outsydthebox, QUOTE"With any investment, the research should be done "before" putting money down" Then why are you on this forum asking questions?
So, I got a bridge for sale, WANT TO BUY IT without checking?

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne,
Just for fun.
Where is the bridge?
Did you build it and are you a licensed engineer?
Did you buy it legally?
Did you procure it nefariously?
No need to reply as this was for entertainment purposes only.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a fact for you Wayne. The ELIO comes with a 36K Mile / 3 year warranty.

Read the Act below

Magnuson–Moss Act
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2301

Synopsis

The act says that warranties must be "conspicuously designated" as either a Full Warranty or as a Limited Warranty. I believe the terms of the act mostly apply to full waranties. I note that makers tend to advertise "powertrain warranties" etc rather than "full warranties". (example)

See FTC advice for more on "Full" vs "Limited" warranties and other aspects of the act. A powertrain warranty can be either full or limited (as defined in the act).

A consequence is that vehicle manufacturers must be able to provide parts during the term of a warranty (if any) made at the time of sale. They need not make or stock these parts themselves.

Vehicle makers could choose not to do so, but then they would be required to provide a replacement vehicle or a full refund of the vehicle cost. In practice it is usually more cost effective for makers to procure replacement parts to effect a warranty repair.

A further consequence is therefore that replacement parts are also available to people who do not have a warranty claim.

Thanks, BUT I KNOW WHAT THE WARRANTY DOES. I didn't ask about that. Stay on page.

Top Bottom