• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told at Rome air show that the P4 wheel was production intent ,and it is from a Comero. Unless I missunderstood the answer or they missunderstood the question :)

I know you are correct that it is from a Camaro and the wheel very well could be what EM intends to use. Maybe someone can confirm this at the events coming up.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I really and truly hate about this dash is its hard-to-read numbers and display, and, even worse, the huge amount of interpolating the driver has to do. 20 MPH between digits (40-60-80-100 means you DO NOT KNOW how fast you are going to within 10-20 percentage points (depending where on the scale you are). This not good for safety, nor for avoiding tickets.

UGH and I say again, UGH. and what's really depressing is Elio has no intention of listening to the chorus of ugh's from stakeholders (that's us, people with skin in the game).
I was thinking the same thing when I looked at the picture. I'd like to know how fast I'm going to within a couple mph. Is an unreadable speedometer the same as a broken one?

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I see the highbeam indicator, what then might that upper-center indentation be? Curious. I wonder if the fuel indicator might turn red if it's running low? In addition to the "low fuel" light?

My guess might be hazard lights. Since the high beam indicator seems to be inside one of the circles.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I created this image for another thread to show how the Elio dash design has evolved over time. When looking at these you have to also envision the Elgin gauge cluster as part of the design as the Metro gauge clusters were never supposed to be part of the final vehicle.

From top to bottom: P2, P3, P4, P5 rendering
View attachment 3802

If anyone knows of a better photo of the P2 dash please let me know as I had to screenshot the one in the composite from a news video.
Thanks for posting the dash evolution. When you stack them all up I really don't care for any of them, but the Elgin may be the clear winner. Go Elgin!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until this thread I never knew there was a gas cap locator on the dash !, I always just get out and look for it somewhere on the car. Guess that goes to show I really don't pay much attention to the dash display, so it will more easily slide into that area of indifference.
Still not growin on me, but will hopefully serve the purpose. At least it's not like the 84 Vet or Kawi 650R :)

Me too! Really? Is there an indicator on the dash as to where the fuel cap is? I'll have to check my Sonic tomorrow, and then it will bug me even more so I'll have to check my 2003 Dodge Dakota too LOL

Top Bottom