• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Jelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
90 pages! Wow! Nothing else to say except I want one! Purple would be good!
Pretty crappy video but the dash working never the less. Blue like Silas' picture would be tha BOMB!
image.jpg

Or Blue - Thanks Silas!

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Pretty crappy video but the dash working never the less.

Ah, so that middle indentation is the engine temperature? If I am seeing that right and remembering what that symbol is lol.

90 pages! Wow! Nothing else to say except I want one! Purple would be good!

View attachment 3809
Or Blue - Thanks Silas!

Yeah I like it, and would consider blue more if it were like that. Are those Tesla headlights and lines? Looks pretty good overall.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elgin Attacks [Broken External Image] [Broken External Image]

During the attack, I personally asked Lord Elgin if he thought a hamster in each wheel hub could be a low cost 4WD option!

He replied, " Cheerio, indeed, you bloody scallywag."

Lord Elgin added, "Life is short, hatin' inanimate object is such a waste of time, when there are so many people we can hate."

My youngest thought a hamster running on a wheel might make a cool gauge; plus the pseudo-vermin could be used sort of like a hybrid. A mammal-based hybrid rather than a battery-based hybrid. Hamsters reproduce, batteries just die.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elgin Attacks [Broken External Image] [Broken External Image]

During the attack, I personally asked Lord Elgin if he thought a hamster in each wheel hub could be a low cost 4WD option!

He replied, " Cheerio, indeed, you bloody scallywag."

Lord Elgin added, "Life is short, hatin' inanimate object is such a waste of time, when there are so many people we can hate."

My youngest thought a hamster running on a wheel might make a cool gauge; plus the pseudo-vermin could be used sort of like a hybrid. A mammal-based hybrid rather than a battery-based hybrid. Hamsters reproduce, batteries just die.
Lord Elgin stole the marble friezes from the Parthenon, gave them to the British Museum. They are known as the Elgin Marbles.
Now it appears Lord Elgin has lost his marbles. Dash it all!

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ironic Elgin Facts:

"During World War II all civilian manufacturing was halted and the Elgin company moved into the defense industry, manufacturing military watches, chronometers, fuses for artillery shells, altimeters and other aircraft instruments and sapphire bearings used for aiming cannons."

"In 2015, the smokin' hot Elio car was smartly equipped with an Elgin dash. Not only did the car get quadruple the fuel efficiency of most cars, the Elgin-aircraft-based-instruments allowed it to secretly fly. Elio's routinely flew over the roadways hovering just 0.00000001 cm over the asphalt. Haters of this logically efficient, high-tech dash were often left crying, while the Elio's went a flyin'."

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I think the tireless efforts to bring the Elio to production, along with the $7k price tag is truly a "gift" from Paul to us. I don't want to be guilty of "looking a gift horse in the mouth". If he were to get discouraged from all of the negative comments and decide to "give up" on this dream.....well.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, lick the screwdriver, hold out the window then count how many seconds until it dries. Seconds x 1000 divided by 1000 added to 1000 then subtracted by 1000 = numbers of seconds for screw driver to dry. Of course that is using a flat head screwdriver, not certain of the formula for a hex or phillips head.
That formula may be significantly altered by relative humidity and/or temperature, as well as wind direction.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, five pages alone, today, on this thread about gauge clusters. Do any of you people have a real job, or is this just what you do all day? I wish I could remember many how cars I've owned/driven, that didn't have operating gauges, gas gauge is the only mandatory one and with the E-car, not so much. Again if the instrument cluster is good enough for Paul's dream car, it's good enough for me, I just want it ASOP

Last edited:

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, five pages alone, today, on this thread about gauge clusters. Do any of you people have a real job, or is this just what you do all day? I wish I could remember how cars I've owned/driven, that didn't have operating gauges, gas gauge is the only mandatory one and with the E-car, not so much. Again if the instrument cluster is good enough for Paul's dream car, it's good enough for me, I just want it ASOP
Do you think, that just like that, you are gonna chastise us over five measly pages on a subject? You need to read all the threads and see how many a really hot topic might turn up....all this is really just a bunch of Eliomaniacs impatiently twiddling our collective thumbs. We want it ASOP, too, and we want it just like this.....

Top Bottom