• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any chance of hitting the brakes to hard? Can you skid to a stop?
Aircraft_Mishap_Photos_Crash_Pics_AH.jpg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: But if Porsche and Ferrari have come up w/aerodynamic solutions, Elio might want to imitate them.

All good points, suggest you use the contact menu @ the bottom
of Elio.com & let them know your concerns. I can't help but think
their design team is considering all sorts of safety adjuncts to beef
up their 5 star safety initiative. I would think they would welcome
your input...... :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thx for the replies, guys (and gals?).

For those against a high mounted 3rd brake light, please explain your objection.

IMO, it would be a minor cost (if designed in), but could improve safety. (I assume so, but that's just an assumption on why Congress passed and Pres. signed law requiring them on autos.)

Not against a third light. I'm against you and a few others imposing, I mean forcing a tax, I mean a cost on others that don't want a third light or would rather put them on themselves.

This exact thing is 90% of what is wrong with the U.S. today. Imposerso_O

P.S. I see you come from the state of imposers.

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a hoot, but the questions is reasonable. My guess is the ALB/ST system (std.)
should keep this from happening...................
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnnEEeq4Qn4Ial5nmvk5ubS0aBPfXochrO29LPkaJe4quUbl6S.jpg
The reason for the question came from the post about dragging the tail through deep snow/slush.
I was thinking of maybe designing a ski/tire combonation like this for the car.
If the snow/slush gets deeper than say four inches, the ski will take over. When this happens, you will not have the third disc brake.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgyi-hr4lxTtvyZYNTbd2K2fcZlU-POOQdaRexqLpClYP0W04v.jpg

Last edited:

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not against a third light. I'm against you and a few others imposing, I mean forcing a tax, I mean a cost on others that don't want a third light or would rather put them on themselves.

This exact thing is 90% of what is wrong with the U.S. today. Imposerso_O
^This. None of my classic cars have 3rd brake lights and they are all still just fine, If some idiot behind me isn't paying attention to the first two the third likely wont help either.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
^This. None of my classic cars have 3rd brake lights and they are all still just fine, If some idiot behind me isn't paying attention to the first two the third likely wont help either.
Didn't they come up with a solution for those idiot's who can't stop a car when not paying attention.
Just another imposed cost to those of us who don't need it.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of a HMSL for the Elio - and it's an easy DIY Saturday morning project. Anything to bring that stoplight up into the eyeline of following traffic, particularly tall vehicles, might keep someone in his Cowboy Cadillac from punting me into the next county.

It wouldn't take much, four or five bright LEDs in a low, waterproof housing painted body color and secured to the roof just forward of the hatch should do nicely. These are commonly found on convertibles - and available from the aftermarket or even a junkyard.
13324552101DSCF0778.JPG

Just needs a clean up and a re-spray.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio's response to the question regarding LED Taillights and a third brake light:

image.jpg

Personally, I could care less about options, but understand why others would like to see them offered, as does Elio Motors. Options don't increase the base $6800 unless you order them and may actually make Elio more profitable. I will take what I get.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of a HMSL for the Elio - and it's an easy DIY Saturday morning project. Anything to bring that stoplight up into the eyeline of following traffic, particularly tall vehicles, might keep someone in his Cowboy Cadillac from punting me into the next county.

It wouldn't take much, four or five bright LEDs in a low, waterproof housing painted body color and secured to the roof just forward of the hatch should do nicely. These are commonly found on convertibles - and available from the aftermarket or even a junkyard.
13324552101DSCF0778.JPG

Just needs a clean up and a re-spray.

I have a few I've removed from my convertibles that I would happily ship to any elio owners that want them!

Top Bottom