• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. Other than the early adopter, hard core fan, if it looks like... and I quote from someone's web site "a virginity shield", Elio will be hard pressed to sustain sales.

A few points based on the various responses in this thread:

General acceptance versus early adopters: Perception IS important. If it wasn't, the advertising game would be something we all excel at. Example: a Craigslist ad vis-a-vis a retail ad.

How we see ourselves within society: Bike and auto customization is a big deal and big business. Whether led lights, paint color choice, etc, etc., we ask for a quality base product so that we can individualize it to be our own. Some can accept the base product, leave it as is, and then pride themselves on their thriftiness, but the majority succumb to some option or other. Why? For some it's practicality, others it's vanity (though hard to admit). Even early adopters want to be recognized for being different, and on the forefront. Would we be happiest if our new Elios were totally ignored? Ben Franklin had said,
“The eyes of other people are the eyes that ruin us. If all but myself were blind, I should want neither fine clothes, fine houses, nor fine furniture. ”

As for the "virginity shield", (though it's difficult to know how this winds up in an led headlight thread) apparently the guardians of public morality were (rightly, as it turned out) concerned that the Model T Ford with its affordability, coupled with its back seat, would create new opportunities for passion 100 years ago. As such, it would appear that the single back and front seats of the Elio may, indeed, be a virginity shield. LOL.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few points based on the various responses in this thread:

General acceptance versus early adopters: Perception IS important. If it wasn't, the advertising game would be something we all excel at. Example: a Craigslist ad vis-a-vis a retail ad.

How we see ourselves within society: Bike and auto customization is a big deal and big business. Whether led lights, paint color choice, etc, etc., we ask for a quality base product so that we can individualize it to be our own. Some can accept the base product, leave it as is, and then pride themselves on their thriftiness, but the majority succumb to some option or other. Why? For some it's practicality, others it's vanity (though hard to admit). Even early adopters want to be recognized for being different, and on the forefront. Would we be happiest if our new Elios were totally ignored? Ben Franklin had said,
“The eyes of other people are the eyes that ruin us. If all but myself were blind, I should want neither fine clothes, fine houses, nor fine furniture. ”

As for the "virginity shield", (though it's difficult to know how this winds up in an led headlight thread) apparently the guardians of public morality were (rightly, as it turned out) concerned that the Model T Ford with its affordability, coupled with its back seat, would create new opportunities for passion 100 years ago. As such, it would appear that the single back and front seats of the Elio may, indeed, be a virginity shield. LOL.
It's funny that you mentioned the Model T as that car has been blamed for the moral depravity of the United States. Suddenly, kids had somewhere to "make out" that was cheaper/safer than finding a motel room. I guess a carriage would work but the Model T was easier (relatively) to obtain and take to pick up your girl. No more sitting on the front porch under the ever present eye of the disapproving parent.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dogs.jpg

russell ramsdell

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those headlights will become my turn signals anyway -I'm gonna put a set of motorcycle headlights on each side -like on a model T or Morgan -I hate plastic covered lights that the sun turns to a frosted blotchy mess only to buy products to buff them out -to me it's a simple fix -ROCK-ON ELIO!!!!----actually I may just delete them altogether

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE cats!........But, I can't eat a whole one. :p
I'll make you a good deal on the big black one that enjoys using my van's windshield for a slide, leaving paw prints and muddy skid marks everywhere during his nightly entertainment. I may have to quarter him, if that's OK - he'll make at least three or four portions. :)

Top Bottom