• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lights of some kind are needed on the fenders so that oncoming cars of passing cars can gauge the width of the car at night. Someone else suggested reflective tape and that would help. But I'll be looking into lights if they're not offered as standard equipment.
One thing I have observed on my monthly trips to Medford, is the effectiveness of reflective tape on the trucks that are my main company on the 2 hour ride home. If the reflective tape is kept clean it is very effective. In fact, I suspect even dirty it works. What doesn't work is no lights and/or no reflective tape on the trucks. The majority of my trip is through the mountains and most months it is after dark. I appreciate very much the trucks that have reflective markings of some kind on them and will use the same for my Elio. The reflective tape works for me because it is readily available and inexpensive. :-) Z

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lights of some kind are needed on the fenders so that oncoming cars of passing cars can gauge the width of the car at night. Someone else suggested reflective tape and that would help. But I'll be looking into lights if they're not offered as standard equipment.
It's only a problem when one of ya are in the wrong lane.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No problem if you keep all 3 wheels on your side of the line.....

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a problem for me though. It looks like I won't be able to drive one in UK. Maybe our lighting regulations are stricter because our roads are narrower......
hmmm! so a motorcycle with side car and one head light is ok but a 3 wheeler with two close set head lights isn't ok? or, a trike with a mc front end and two rear wheels and one head light in the center is ok but the elio is not? there is a story in the u s about a car in the '30s that had the head lights mounted on the extream outter width of the vehicle and a motorcyclist thought is was two other motorcycles riding abreast and would scare them by going between them. the outcome was predictible.

Top Bottom