• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I caught that too, but if you watch it again, the body panels go on a couple assembly lines after that. Maybe he meant the chassis/frame, which we all know will be metal? One thing I liked is that he kept repeating "ergonomic for the worker". Glad they thought about that. Someone doing a comfortable task will most likely be more detailed oriented if not in a physical bind while doing it. I do have one question. At this point, who is financially responsible for building maintenance? That place is HUGE! Even the simple things like light bulbs (did you notice the massive amount of lighting in that factory?) would be an expense I couldn't afford. Then, throw in things like plumbing, roof leaks, electrcal problems and the like. Who's paying for that right now?
Racer Trust. Elio is renting the facility from them.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
No problem, it's a little dry, but it's nice to see something going on in the plant, even if it is just a tour of a mostly empty building.

Respect your opinion Bowers, but it was very exciting to me to see the video, to hear a description of the lines, to hear a general list of what happens where, to hear that some portions of the lines are ready to go as we speak. VERY cool! Not to mention to see the P5 there, being driven around. Inspiring and generates more hope.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
For all the naysayers who said it was a scam, there's just too many pieces falling into place for it not to happen.

Just what I was thinking as I was watching the video. You said it much more political-correctly than I would have, so I thank you for saying it better than I would have. Lol

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Respect your opinion Bowers, but it was very exciting to me to see the video, to hear a description of the lines, to hear a general list of what happens where, to hear that some portions of the lines are ready to go as we speak. VERY cool! Not to mention to see the P5 there, being driven around. Inspiring and generates more hope.

I did watch the video a few times (yes I did like seeing everything laid out in the plant) so it did have some interesting tidbits, but it almost put my wife in a coma. It would only appeal to the faithful, yes it's informative but when all is said and done, there is nothing really moving along being built. I guess I'm just being a little jaded, yea I know where it's going to be built, yea I know there will be robots and paint booths and tools etc. We've all known this stuff for years, so other then the pretty pictures and a nice commentary, it's not all that.
I would *will* be stoked to see the assembly line moving and making Elios. That's the $64,000 ($200M) video.

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It was almost breathe taking To see a facility of that magnitude the size crazy,that community had to be devastated when it closed. Corporate greed thinking they can do what they want, I guess they did makes me sick.l like someone mentioned earlier and the people have to bail them out.okay I'm done lol.awesome drone footage.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It was almost breathe taking To see a facility of that magnitude the size crazy,that community had to be devastated when it closed. Corporate greed thinking they can do what they want, I guess they did makes me sick.l like someone mentioned earlier and the people have to bail them out.okay I'm done lol.awesome drone footage.
I do hope people realize EM isn't using the entire campus, only part of it (1.2 mil sq. ft. about 1/3 to 1/2 of the campus)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A while back,, There was news that other companies were going to move in to other parts of the buildings. Did that ever happen?

Top Bottom