• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I too have now retired 3 times :D
I WAS part time !!!
NOT going back :)

When I back down the drive at 6:00am I see the "old" man across the street watching me from his porch swing. (8 years younger than me). I might be the highlight of his day. I can hardly wait to back down the drive in a new Elio. He might not be able to stand so much excitement.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you work on the research and development department of you your mind. Right?

yes, I am old school. I presently have to learn some of the new technology. My worst enemy is the salesperson that wants to sell me a circuit board to replace a magnetic relay. He doesn't understand the circuit board or the magnetic relay.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes, I am old school. I presently have to learn some of the new technology. My worst enemy is the salesperson that wants to sell me a circuit board to replace a magnetic relay. He doesn't understand the circuit board or the magnetic relay.
Yes I can understand a relay better than most too. My conundrum came when after becoming and expert on config. sys , the auto exec.bat and and tweaking the first 100k of the memory plus defraging hard drives on old Microsoft systems then comes the new world of networking. Turns out the only trouble shooting procedure for networking is to turn off then turn on the whole system. If that doesn't fix it, you're simply screwed. LOL

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I can understand a relay better than most too. My conundrum came when after becoming and expert on config. sys , the auto exec.bat and and tweaking the first 100k of the memory plus defraging hard drives on old Microsoft systems then comes the new world of networking. Turns out the only trouble shooting procedure for networking is to turn of then turn on the whole system. If that doesn't fix it, you're simply screwed. LOL

That's when you lift your glasses to your forehead, turn to the owner/victim, and in a very solemn voice say, "Its fried, I wish I could help".

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was never fired for doing wrong, but doing right got me every time. Ethics are not desirable if they get in the way.
Fortunately I worked most of my life where performance and talent superseded ego driven bosses. The way I got rid of visiting supervisors and bosses was to draw a line on the floor and declare a talent contest. That always found them making for the door. LOL I did however attain a 6 months early out way back in my 4 year enlistment in the Army giving me time to go back to College. My Shop foreman Sargent while playing hooky from his job post was going full time college instead of his Army job. He was quite industrious in expediting my early out for fear I would expose him.

Top Bottom