• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fire Side Chat With Paul - 9 Sept

Reaction score
I stand behind Ekh questions. After Paul answers all that, I wish to ask about the man's health. It looks like he is having trouble with his weight ... the way I love if it was me, lol. But, seriously I am concerned. Good Morning Busy Day ahead of me. Keep the internet fires burning for me. I'll catch up later.

Reactions: Ekh

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Over or Under, this car hits the market by Q4 of 2019?"

I'm an optimistic guy, I expect production no later than 2nd quarter 2017. If it doesn't happen however I believe Elio will fold. The company needs income to keep breathing and debt will be past the point of no return if that were to happen. Just my opinion though.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a contingent of people who will buy an Elio despite fuel prices but lowering fuel prices have historically negatively affected sales of small cars. Despite the contingency that want a to help wean America from foreign oil, how do you feel lowering fuel prices will affect investor interest and how will that affect funding plans so and the production timeline?

How long after the P5 is revealed will a major auto enthusiast publication like Car and Driver be able to test it and publish a comprehensive review?

I can't speak for anyone else but when I first heard about the Elio gas was 3+ dollars a gallon. I thought "if I fill up before I am on the fumes I can get change back from a twenty"! Now I am thinking that if I fuel when the gage shows a quarter of a tank I might be able to get change back from a ten. It just gets better and better!
Car and Driver may have some rule that prevents them from testing a car that is not in production and so has to be bought or loaned in such a manner as to keep the test from being run on a specially prepared or selected car. I am sure that Consumer Reports has such a policy. Pop Science and Pop Mechanics do not have as they regularly run articles on products that are no where near as close to production as the Elio is. I would like to ask Paul if he has tried to get either mag to run an article on the Elio. A picture on the cover with a big 84 (or whatever ends up to be the figure) MPG would generate a lot of interest in a short time.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else but when I first heard about the Elio gas was 3+ dollars a gallon. I thought "if I fill up before I am on the fumes I can get change back from a twenty"! Now I am thinking that if I fuel when the gage shows a quarter of a tank I might be able to get change back from a ten. It just gets better and better!
Car and Driver may have some rule that prevents them from testing a car that is not in production and so has to be bought or loaned in such a manner as to keep the test from being run on a specially prepared or selected car. I am sure that Consumer Reports has such a policy. Pop Science and Pop Mechanics do not have as they regularly run articles on products that are no where near as close to production as the Elio is. I would like to ask Paul if he has tried to get either mag to run an article on the Elio. A picture on the cover with a big 84 (or whatever ends up to be the figure) MPG would generate a lot of interest in a short time.
Car and Driver has run one online story about the Elio but it was quite a while ago. I know they do some weird tests and comparisons in the magazine though. They often get pre-production versions of cars to test but, obviously, they are from more established brands. I'd just like to see some performance data like the typical stuff Car and Driver puts out.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Car and Driver has run one online story about the Elio but it was quite a while ago. I know they do some weird tests and comparisons in the magazine though. They often get pre-production versions of cars to test but, obviously, they are from more established brands. I'd just like to see some performance data like the typical stuff Car and Driver puts out.
If something like the TriHawk can get tested by R&T, I'm sure given a chance they would love to test the Elio.

The thing here is, the Elio is a trike. It will lean a little more in a turn under performance scenarios than a similar outfitted 4 wheeler. The P3 and P4 suspensions were not up to that, and weren't the production units either. Even so a high-profile test with performance handling is likely not a good PR move, unless the Elio can match the TriHawk results. BTW, the TriHawk was a FWD-Reverse Trike. It got cudo's for out handling (drivability, not speed) most of the High End sports cars from the same ?1985? article.

Top Bottom