• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For The Dog Lovers Here

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd say he's mastered it quite nicely. Wish my Lab/Dalmation mix would do the same on road trips. She's better than she was but still has a ways to go.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd say he's mastered it quite nicely. Wish my Lab/Dalmation mix would do the same on road trips. She's better than she was but still has a ways to go.

The first 'long' trip we went on was to Colorado. Every other time he got in the Jeep, it was bad news...off to the Vets! I didn't think he was going to survive the first 45 minutes [shaking and the most pitiful whining I've ever heard come out of him]. After we hit a few rest stops along I-70 he got the idea that he was going to get to walk around and smell dogs from all over the country! By the time we got to Hays, KS, he was actually digging it, and eventually became the pug you see on the suit case. Now if you open the Jeep door around him he jumps right it, tail wagging....LET'S GO!!

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first 'long' trip we went on was to Colorado. Every other time he got in the Jeep, it was bad news...off to the Vets! I didn't think he was going to survive the first 45 minutes [shaking and the most pitiful whining I've ever heard come out of him]. After we hit a few rest stops along I-70 he got the idea that he was going to get to walk around and smell dogs from all over the country! By the time we got to Hays, KS, he was actually digging it, and eventually became the pug you see on the suit case. Now if you open the Jeep door around him he jumps right it, tail wagging....LET'S GO!!

We have began calling Rags (Shih Tzu) Go-First. If he thinks we are going anywhere, he will beat us to the door and them beat us to the car. When the door opens he is first into the car.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our late Maltese used to hate the car. I was never able to explain it, other than perhaps she associated the car with trips to the vet - but she didn't seem to mind her vet at all. ???

With my wife and daughter, we took her to a drive-in movie about 30 miles away and she didn't mind being in her soft carrier that she was used to sleeping in at home. We were careful to put a couple of thick towels in the back seat and in her carrier that we'd sat on for a couple of nights at home to ensure they had our scent so she was comforted by the presence of her "family". She settled down after a couple of miles, but would rather curl up in her bed than look out the window.

When we got to the movie (a double-feature), Sis was a much happier pup. Before the show and during the intermission, we walked her around several of the green spaces where crowds of kids mobbed her. Well, she did look like a stuffed toy, and attracted a lot of attention from the younger set who just wanted to cuddle her. She was all up for that, and responded with a series of wet slurps and a wagging tail. The part she didn't like was being put back in the car for the second show - but eventually went to sleep on our daughter's lap, where the two snored in sync through the movie and all the way home. The animal never wanted to accompany us on a daytrip again, unless it was to my sister-in-law's house where she could chase their cat and eat everything in sight. Well, at least we learned what her motivators were. :rolleyes:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have began calling Rags (Shih Tzu) Go-First. If he thinks we are going anywhere, he will beat us to the door and them beat us to the car. When the door opens he is first into the car.

Roscoe, our mini doxie, is the ultimate ride beggar. He hears the car keys, and he's out the dog door! He will wait on the sidewalk, looking at me. If I say, "Not this time, buddy. Stay.", he stays put and watches me go out to the garage. But if I say, "OK!", he's off like a shot!

He will circle the car once, and jump in as soon as I open the door. Hard not to say OK to a small show like that.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gotta throw in a couple pics of my little buddy, Iggy. Props to Maravilla Condos in Destin, FL! Very pet friendly! We take him everywhere, and he's learning to calm down on the road...Actually, I think he's mastered it!

View attachment 7982 View attachment 7983

Wynston's a Pro. :D
image.jpeg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ran across this today, and it is funny; it's from one of the Animal Support sites I vote on (http://www.freekibble.com)

Bullmastiff Tattles on French Bulldog for Toilet Paper Mess

Nobody likes a snitch. You know what we’re talking about. When you and a group of friends do something wrong and get caught, the first person to place blame is usually called a tattletale and ostracized from the group for a couple of weeks.

Sure, no one likes getting punished or yelled at, but sometimes friends have to stick together. That’s what friends do, right? Well, the Bullmastiff in this video did not get the memo.

In a hilarious clip uploaded to YouTube, an adorable French Bulldog sits covered in toilet paper. The Frenchie looks unbelievably guilty. There’s no doubt that the dog had a good time with the toilet tissue. When the dog’s pet parent questions her about the mess, the pup just gives her best big eyes and tries her best to look innocent.

But then the camera pans to her dog sister, a Bullmastiff that looks equally upset about being reprimanded. But when the dogs’ owner questions the Mastiff, she’s quick to place the blame on her Frenchie friend. When asked, “What made this mess?” the bigger dog points a paw directly at her friend.

So much for sibling loyalty.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend sent me a picture of his registered English Bulldog who accompanied him on his rounds this morning. . .

80-20160331_081236_6a25ec72bc3470f2b8bb6b28ddbb9e25bfb58d2a.jpg

But "Turbo" got tired of navigating and within a few blocks went to sleep on the job . . .

80-20160331_081318_638d7141fb3b1db30484d5ffffb38c7d9e9f5ad3.jpg

Well, he could have been hanging his head out the window, snorting and drooling . . . .

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend sent me a picture of his registered English Bulldog who accompanied him on his rounds this morning. . .

80-20160331_081236_6a25ec72bc3470f2b8bb6b28ddbb9e25bfb58d2a.jpg

But "Turbo" got tired of navigating and within a few blocks went to sleep on the job . . .

80-20160331_081318_638d7141fb3b1db30484d5ffffb38c7d9e9f5ad3.jpg

Well, he could have been hanging his head out the window, snorting and drooling . . . .

Co-piloting is exhausting work!

Top Bottom