• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For Those Who Think Ev Information Is Appropriate For An Elio Forum...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even though I drive a big truck, I understand that it's much harder on the road than almost all cars. It'd be nice if everyone drove cars that were light, small, and efficient. But, it'd also be boring. So, here we are. I AM trying to get my truck off the road with an Elio purchase but... come on, man! Let's get this train moving and get those things built. I'm number 3,898 and have been waiting for quite some time.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense when you think about it... If everyone switched to electric vehicles, there would be zero tax collected to maintain our roads. Electric vehicles use the roads the same as me and it's hardly fair to put the entire road budget on the backs of ICE drivers who actually pay the highway taxes. Honestly, they should just dump the tax collecting at the pump and collect it when registering vehicles and base it on weight and miles driven as those two factors are what affects the roads the most. You could add a penalty for gas users to help encourage the switch to electric.

Isn't it the government that's mandating higher and higher fuel efficiency standards? Isn't the government incentivizing the move to electric vehicles? It's not a surprise at all to them that tax revenue might fall as a result of those policies. It's my opinion that this is a 'long game' plan to get VMT in place. We will all be paying more tax to drive than ever before. There will be no way to avoid it. It's now starting to come to full fruition.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it the government that's mandating higher and higher fuel efficiency standards? Isn't the government incentivizing the move to electric vehicles?
"The government" is not some monolithic entity that makes all laws and policies that work seamlessly and harmoniously together. Different parts of the government are making these rules. The federal government makes the fuel efficiency requirements and gives EV incentives. (Some states also give EV incentives, but most do not.) But the state governments are the ones that make the fuel taxes. So the federal government is making policies that slowly deprive the states of income, and the states then have to adjust their laws to keep the money flowing in. Governments don't like it when things happen to decrease their revenue.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently the oil companies have not heard their businesses will be shut down by all the electric vehicles. They are still finding more oil.

Exxon, Hess find more oil offshore Guyana
Feb. 28, 2018 8:26 AM ET|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) has made its seventh major oil discovery in the Stabroek block offshore Guyana following drilling at the Pacora-1 exploration well, partner Hess (NYSE:HES) reveals.

Pacora resources will be integrated into the third phase of development at the Guyana project, helping bring production to more than 500K bbl/day of oil, Hess says.

The Pacora-1 well discovery adds to previous world-class discoveries at Liza, Payara, Snoek, Liza Deep, Turbot and Ranger-1, which are estimated to total more than 3.2B recoverable oil-equivalent barrels.

XOM is operator of the 6.6M-acre Stabroek block and holds a 45%, while Hess owns 30% and Cnooc's (NYSE:CEO) Nexen has 25%.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Apparently the oil companies have not heard their businesses will be shut down by all the electric vehicles. They are still finding more oil.
I hope everyone realizes that there are lots of other products out there that rely on oil, it's not just for gas production. Things like plastic, rubber, various chemicals and lubrication. These are not going away and if we burn through a bunch of oil, the price goes up, so does everything else. Just go around your house and look at everything that is made from plastic. Then think 40 years ago. It's good they are finding more oil because we all know we will be needing it for a long time but we should not just burn through it at an accelerated rate because we found more. As we all know, it'll just keep the price of gas low and that will just encourage people to keep buying inefficient cars. It's not going to help the EV market but it's not going to help the high mpg ICE cars either.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it seems there are a lot of people who profit from us using large amounts of gas, and there are people who profit from us using less gas. The former have far more power than the latter....

Top Bottom