1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

For Those Who Think Ev Information Is Appropriate For An Elio Forum...

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by Jambe, Oct 25, 2017.

1. johnsnownw

johnsnownw Elio Addict

It's an approximation from InsideEVs, based on registration numbers, and as such would be discussing deliveries. No one is going to report ~2k reservations on top of the ~400k they currently have.

2. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

From https://electrek.co/2018/02/08/baojun-e100-electric-car-cheap/

China is pushing automakers to sell as many electric cars as possible in order to keep their place in what is now the largest car market in the world.

To get its share of the market, GM’s Chinese joint-venture decided to go down market with an electric car that costs just ~$7,200.

We are talking about the Baojun E100 electric vehicle made by the SAIC-GM-Wuling joint-venture.

With a length of 2,488 mm (98″), a width of 1,506 mm (59″) and a height of 1,670 mm (66″), this is a very small two-seater.

It is equipped with a 29 kW electric motor and its battery pack enables 155 km (96 miles) of range.

Those specs are far from being impressive, but that’s not where the Baojun E100 shines.

Baojun is introducing the E100 only in regions with aggressive incentives for zero-emission vehicles.

3. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Interesting. I posted this in July and the price was $5300. The title of your article says $5600.
    https://www.elioowners.com/threads/july-31st-2017-tick-tock.8417/page-10#post-186486

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    They say this toward the end of that article:
    "Today, they announced that they are expanding to several more cities in the Guangxi regions, where the vehicle will be available for RMB 45,800 (~$7,200 USD) to RMB 58,800 (~$9,300 USD) after national and local incentives.

That’s about half the price of the actual cost of the vehicle before any government incentive."

So $9300 is half the actual price of the vehicle? So it's an $18,600 vehicle. And it's being incredibly heavily subsidized in some regions to sell for as little as $5,600!? No wonder it's "...one of the best-selling vehicles in the city."

5. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Please go to China for a while. I bet most of us here live like kings as compared to what they do.

6. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    What does that have to do with what I said? I was commenting on the magnitude of the government incentives for the EV, not relative incomes of US/China.

I have traveled quite a few places around the Pacific rim. I'm quite aware of the relative incomes/standards of living in many of those countries, thank you very much.

7. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

Interesting article on Michigan taxes dealing with electric vehicles:

https://electrek.co/2016/12/22/ev-tax-michigan/

Snippet:
    The new rates take effect January 1st, but it may be possible to pay early at current rates.

Among the changes soon to take effect is a 20% increase in annual vehicle registration fees, from $100 to $120. Additionally, gas and diesel taxes will both be increased to 26.3 cents, which, when factored in with the state’s sales tax, will make Michigan’s at-pump tax rate the 5th highest in the nation.

But while EV owners may think they are escaping the worst of these new fees, in order to compensate for lost gas tax revenue, the bill also introduces various fees for hybrid and electric vehicles. Owners of hybrid cars can expect to pay an additional annual registration fee between $30 and $100, and a $17 “gasoline tax.” People with fully electric cars are getting hit even harder: owners of non-hybrid electric vehicles will be charged between $100 and $200, in addition to an even higher “gasoline tax” of $35. That’s potentially an additional $235, on top of the now $120 state-wide registration fee, for owning an all-electric car.

8. Rob Croson

Rob Croson Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    As if I needed another reason to not live in Michigan.

wizard of ahs likes this.