• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For Those Who Think Ev Information Is Appropriate For An Elio Forum...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Preposterous! In the true sense of the word, putting ‘the end’ before the beginning. For fear of being condescending (you do know what that means? :p) all those steps, mechanically, physically, and electronically were simplified by solar photovoltaics and (presently addressed) battery storage. When similar steps are engineered, designed, and implemented for Hydrogen Applications, it may be just as straightforward.

Hydrogen fuel science hasn’t been born long enough to die already. People are actually flying around the world now and you can even make bread in a countertop machine without touching the ingredients! Who’d have ever thought.....

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because you can make bread in a countertop machine with a box of bread mix doesn't make for good bread. :) I bake all of my own bread and touch all of the ingredients. I would suggest driving the EV to the local bakery and buying a loaf of artisan bread, otherwise a waste of electricity. IMO

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla Owners and Consumer Reports apparently don't agree. Better to consider the positive Tesla Owner's reviews for reliability and performance over any Consumer Reports articles. 92% of Tesla Owner's will buy again. :)
Consumer Reports uses owner reviews from their questionnaires to base reliability ratings not exclusively but primarily.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quote directly from a recent Consumer Reports article:
IMG_9216.jpg

Link to full article: https://www.consumerreports.org/med...complaints_on_reporting_research_and_reviews/

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because you can make bread in a countertop machine with a box of bread mix doesn't make for good bread. :) I bake all of my own bread and touch all of the ingredients. I would suggest driving the EV to the local bakery and buying a loaf of artisan bread, otherwise a waste of electricity. IMO
Yes... but aren't you also someone who uses a countertop machine to produce unparalleled prime rib?

Who’d have ever thought.....

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Preposterous! In the true sense of the word, putting ‘the end’ before the beginning. For fear of being condescending (you do know what that means? :p) all those steps, mechanically, physically, and electronically were simplified by solar photovoltaics and (presently addressed) battery storage. When similar steps are engineered, designed, and implemented for Hydrogen Applications, it may be just as straightforward.

Hydrogen fuel science hasn’t been born long enough to die already. People are actually flying around the world now and you can even make bread in a countertop machine without touching the ingredients! Who’d have ever thought.....

No worries. I'm pretty sure you're not being condescending using 5th grade words :D

Think simplicity, almost like an Occam's Razor for engineering.
If two systems have the same efficiency, the one with the fewest moving parts will likely be the most successful.
Pumps, tanks, cryo systems, all moving parts and add unnecessary complexity.

Funny you mention kitchen top bread machines. They were quite the fad years back.
Today, most people still buy bread in the grocery store.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes... but aren't you also someone who uses a countertop machine to produce unparalleled prime rib?

Who’d have ever thought.....
LOL! Yes, but sous viding a ribeye steak in a plastic bag in a pot of precision temperature water isn't cooking in a machine, :)

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

FCs have been around since the 60's...in vehicles. The reasons it won't work for light-duty vehicles are numerous. The largest issue being that 700 bar compressed H2 is required. There is a whole mess of issues just due to the compression, and that's ignoring the issues with hydrogen itself. You can't change physics.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think EV information is appropriate here. I think it shows how much more viable ICE cars are for the foreseeable future. Tesla reported earnings this week. They were expected to ONLY lose $2.25 per share. They actually lost $2.92 per share. Stock tanked.

Top Bottom