• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

For Those Who Think Ev Information Is Appropriate For An Elio Forum...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Frankly I'm tired of propping Tesla up when they can't make a dime.
Please refer to RSchneider's Post #35 above. Tesla is American made, providing 1000s of jobs. Most of Tesla's revenue is reinvested to grow the business in effort to meet their long range goal of providing more affordable EVs to the masses.

Have you been propping up Tesla? :) Hopefully, Elio Motors follows what you refer to as a propped up business model. Both companies show no profit on their financial statements, but one has a product to sell and is generating revenue. One has 65,000 reservations with no guarantee to deliver. The other 500,000 Reservations, delivering fewer vehicles than expected while working out glitches in their supply chain. I will continue to support both American Made companies and prop them up by buying both of their vehicles when the time comes. It's good to support (prop up) made in America.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please refer to RSchneider's Post #35 above. Tesla is American made, providing 1000s of jobs. Most of Tesla's revenue is reinvested to grow the business in effort to meet their long range goal of providing more affordable EVs to the masses.

Have you been propping up Tesla? :) Hopefully, Elio Motors follows what you refer to as a propped up business model. Both companies show no profit on their financial statements, but one has a product to sell and is generating revenue. One has 65,000 reservations with no guarantee to deliver. The other 500,000 Reservations, delivering fewer vehicles than expected while working out glitches in their supply chain. I will continue to support both American Made companies and prop them up by buying both of their vehicles when the time comes. It's good to support (prop up) made in America.
My point exactly... 65,000 ELIO reservations/.065(Elio brand awareness)=1,000,000 instant ELIO reservations! That's the reason for the 65k goal...right?! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that nothing changes. I leave for several months, and come back to the same old discussions with the same people.

It's kind of comforting, actually. I imagine this is what it would feel like if I went back to a bar I used to go to all the time. (If I was the kind of person to go to bars in the first place)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in China for 5 months and couldn't access anything Elio. So, I figured that when I got back, there would be a change. Guess not. Same people waiting for the same thing with the same 18 months lead time on the product. On the other hand, the Chinese are full steam ahead on EV's, so I do expect that within the next 2 years that we here in the US will see the trickle down of their technology. Since we are so persistent that only ICE will do, I think they will fail and Elio will dominate for about 5 years. After that, Elio will have to be EV only or lose out. I hope Paul has a long term plan because the Elio 2 Hybrid needs to be in the pipeline right now and the Elio 3 EV needs to be on the drawing board.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that nothing changes. I leave for several months, and come back to the same old discussions with the same people.

It's kind of comforting, actually. I imagine this is what it would feel like if I went back to a bar I used to go to all the time. (If I was the kind of person to go to bars in the first place)

Welcome back ! It's the "same old" because there is nothing new to talk about....

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in China for 5 months and couldn't access anything Elio. So, I figured that when I got back, there would be a change. Guess not. Same people waiting for the same thing with the same 18 months lead time on the product. On the other hand, the Chinese are full steam ahead on EV's, so I do expect that within the next 2 years that we here in the US will see the trickle down of their technology. Since we are so persistent that only ICE will do, I think they will fail and Elio will dominate for about 5 years. After that, Elio will have to be EV only or lose out. I hope Paul has a long term plan because the Elio 2 Hybrid needs to be in the pipeline right now and the Elio 3 EV needs to be on the drawing board.

Elio2 and Elio3. Are you kidding? We're all waiting for just a plain, old Elio.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio 2 hybrid will never happen... While back EM said the platform isn't big enough. EVElio 3 yes!

BTW... New momentum out...Symphonic Elio...Engine Mounts and funding progress!

Guess it's a good thing that over 93% have never heard of Elio...can't get impatient about something you've never heard about. Probably close to 100% outside of the USA. I still wouldn't know if the local paper at the repair shop didn't have a picture of the ELIO at the 2015 LA Auto Show ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom