• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Gas Might Come Down To $2 A Gallon

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas for $2 per gallon? Not here in California with all the additives and regulation done here.

If California can't do it the expensive way, It won't do it at all.

I feel bad for the folks in California.
It looks like they will end up paying $1.30 / gal as some kind of "carbon tax".
This is the price you pay for the people you elect.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel bad for the folks in California.
It looks like they will end up paying $1.30 / gal as some kind of "carbon tax".
This is the price you pay for the people you elect.
I wonder, if the numbers of Elio reservations and later sales skew towards CA, then maybe you can tell the effect of gas prices. On the other hand, cost of living is higher there, so maybe that puts the focus on vehicle price. Too bad, thought I had something there.

Edited: Eitherway EM better open more outlets in CA than other markets.

Our All-In map(Link) however, right now seems to be skewing more towards populations rather than cost-of-living in the area. Which kind of makes sense for who is willing to reserve up-front.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our All-In map(Link) however, right now seems to be skewing more towards populations . . .
Adak Alaska? Really? At least one Elio is going to Adak? Hi Adak, I'm Arak! ( Wife calls me Ari )

How will 'Bill' get it there? Can they ship by water or air? He will definitely be the talk of the town when he does!

From Wiki " frequent cyclonic storms. Winter squalls produce wind gusts in excess of 100 knots (120 mph; 190 km/h). . . . With 263 rainy days per year,", yep my kind of place.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder, if the numbers of Elio reservations and later sales skew towards CA, then maybe you can tell the effect of gas prices. On the other hand, cost of living is higher there, so maybe that puts the focus on vehicle price. Too bad, thought I had something there.

Edited: Eitherway EM better open more outlets in CA than other markets.

Our All-In map(Link) however, right now seems to be skewing more towards populations rather than cost-of-living in the area. Which kind of makes sense for who is willing to reserve up-front.
The reservation map also shows large areas that are completely ignored by EM on their tour schedule e.g. the midwest with very few reservations. It only makes sense that they hit the high density population markets, since that's where Elio Stores will likely locate, unless they partner with Enterprise Car Rental/Sales or Carmax for Elio Store/Accessory showroom space. If that's the case there could be an Elio Store in smaller cities across the USA. Of course those locations would be sales staffed with EM Eployees. I like that idea allowing Elio to roll out quickly and cost efficiently by not having to rent storefront space.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The reservation map also shows large areas that are completely ignored by EM on their tour schedule e.g. the midwest with very few reservations. It only makes sense that they hit the high density population markets, since that's where Elio Stores will likely locate, unless they partner with Enterprise Car Rental/Sales or Carmax for Elio Store/Accessory showroom space. If that's the case there could be an Elio Store in smaller cities across the USA. Of course those locations would be sales staffed with EM Eployees. I like that idea allowing Elio to roll out quickly and cost efficiently by not having to rent storefront space.

Back to your old trick of editing quotes from other people?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Compare what I actually said in #23 with what you show in #26.
I have no idea how or why your quote appeared in my reply to AriLea so I deleted it. Perhaps it was somehow linked to AriLea's. I didn't see my reply had any relevance whatsoever to your quote irregardless. If you were somehow offended I apologize.

Although, I did appreciate some of your non-political posts, I may be better off blocking you so I don't accidentally offend you again. Frankly, I was offended by your old tricks comment. Please block me as well.

Top Bottom