• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Happy Wife, Happy Ride!

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
visibility problems??? and other related viewing limitations?? the easiest solution?- divorce!! -although the elio might be all that you wind up with! Hey anyone can have indoor plumbing, and a roof, but you'll have the admiration of the this forum!, and besides, depending on your production number you'll have upwards of a 1 1/2 years to replace your spouse, plenty of time to get burned again!!
My suggestion? keep the dog.

"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

Ol' Blue

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Bride would most likely pull out her tablet & read for as long as I can drive ... and then she would sleep while I drove when it was her turn to drive ... we don't see the Elio as long road trip transport ... a trip to the coast or the southern end of the state at most ... 100 - 600 miles for the most part ... beyond that she would be bringing too much luggage to fit ... ;)

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I often read about people considering long trips in their Elio . I simply can't imagine going further than to and from work in a vehicle that small . Unconventional passenger seating aside, the trunk can barely fit a six pack of water . Where do you think you're going?

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost anywhere. I figure the Elio will pull my Coleman Caboose (124 Lbs) and a tent and cooler. Better than going by horseback. Also with A/C and heat more confortable than my X- Honda trike. I think I'll just head out and see the country. Then maybe Rolling Thunder in the spring. Getting too old for bikes and need my creature comforts. Probably more fun than driving 18 wheelers. By the way, thats me in the Elio.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost anywhere. I figure the Elio will pull my Coleman Caboose (124 Lbs) and a tent and cooler. Better than going by horseback. Also with A/C and heat more confortable than my X- Honda trike. I think I'll just head out and see the country. Then maybe Rolling Thunder in the spring. Getting too old for bikes and need my creature comforts. Probably more fun than driving 18 wheelers. By the way, thats me in the Elio.
There is a whole range of travel which escapes most people. I have traveled with the poor, the very wealthy and learned a lot from both. The poor wash their clothes at a tap each night, the wealthy throw theirs away. We prefer a Miata (until the Elio comes along) to either a bike or an RV. Live within your means and enjoy the trip. :D

Top Bottom