• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Honor And Respect

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Platonic relationship my "Six Shooter" we all know just who and what Miss Kitty was and we know where Marshal Dillon hung his holster at night. 50's & 60's TV shows were not as wholesome as everyone thought they were. Watch some of them again. Now as an adult, I see a lot more going on, on those old shows, in innuendo, double speak, eye rolling and side glances than shows today, that just spit out what's going on or show it. Writers back then kept looking for and finding ways to get around the censors. Needless to say they were very successful! They kept the masses entertained and half of them had no clue what was really going on!:rolleyes:;) It was family entertainment after all!:D
James Arness actually had a clause in his contract, there would be no romantic or kissing scenes with Amanda Blake or any other actress in his role as Matt Dillon.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bert,

Honor and Respect are earned and to those whose contributions and comments deserve these tenants I concur wholeheartedly.
On the other hand those who step over the line of decency and accepted behavior should be called to task. Alternative views are
one thing, outright callous disrespect in posts on any public forum are uncalled for and should receive the total rebuke of all who
witness it. I recently took a rather aggressive stance towards a member of this forum for saying "whatever" after he was called out for
a rude, insensitive and disrespectful comment towards one of our finest, ( and now gone) here on EO.com. The content of my attack,
regardless of intent, was unacceptable and that has consequences. I was called on it, by a Moderator and had it stricken from the thread.
Not that I'm any sterling example but I acknowledged my mistake and accepted the consequences.

IMHO one of the problems with our society is that we have become all too afraid to speak out against that which is wrong for fear of
damaging someones sensitivities. The only way to change unacceptable behavior is to confront it and require of the perpetrator
an immediate change. Be that change in the manner of censorship or punishment, it must be done and done quickly and decisively.

Ignore it and the unacceptable becomes acceptable.

Bert, you and 99.9% of the people on this forum are good decent people. I sincerely hope that I can be counted in that number,
but be assured that I refuse to sit quietly, "play nice" or "Ignore" when Honor and Respect are violated.

Sincerely,
R. L. Dusty Durst
Why, if you state "become all to afraid to speak...." do you use IMHO? instead of IMO?? no need to be humble about "speaking out"-

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was that Roy Rogers or Sky King? God we're showing our age. Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man, probably wouldn't play in todays politically correct world, nor would James Arness as Mat Dillon and Amanda Blake as Miss Kitty and their platonic relationship on Gunsmoke.

That was Roy Rogers, the jeep was 'Nellie Bell'.
Roy was not as advanced as Sky King.
'Where Have all our Real Heros Gone', from the old days??
What's 'politically correct'?, at least our old time Heros weren't taken drugs, smokn dope, and going to N Korea/buddying up with our enemies, nor bowing and scrapeing to the Whole World.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What's 'politically correct'?, at least our old time Heros weren't taken drugs, smokn dope, and going to N Korea/buddying up with our enemies, nor bowing and scrapeing to the Whole World.

Oh but they were taking drugs, and drinking excessively, it was just never talked about. The buddy up; Un wasn't alive yet but they had plenty to do with some less than charming gangsters. The media has jaded the world to the point it is now. (Dam I'm old I remember most of this (I think o_O) ) :rolleyes:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was Roy Rogers, the jeep was 'Nellie Bell'.
Roy was not as advanced as Sky King.
Lest we forget-
Bat Masterson
Have gun will travel
and Sea Hunt!!

Top Bottom