• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Did You Learn About Elio?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I honestly cant remember where I heard about it. I think it may have been on a regional radio talk show hosted by Mr. Lars Larson who had Mr. Elio on his show. the show is on KXL in Portland Oregon. He also does a national show and is a frequent guest on fox news. but actually now that I think more..I think I heard of it before that. why is my brain disintegrating?
Lars has been a long time supporter of the Elio, is "all in", and has talked about the Elio on his show.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm. It took a couple of times before I actually started researching the Elio.
I first saw pics, I think of the P3, while doing a search on "bikes and trikes". Saw the picture, didn't recognize the name, moved on.
I encountered the name again while researching "winter dress" for 3 wheelers after talking to a co worker about his Can Am and how he planned to use it all the time, except for the worst weather. Saw the pics, remembered oh so how many other "100 mpg" dream vehicles that never came to fruitation. I,,, moved on..
Browsing FB one day, saw an add on the side for the Elio, thought to myself, "Why that looks a lot like that other autocycle picture I saw". I clicked on the link, ANND it got my attention.
I did a ton of research, saw and noted how they were addressing laws at the State level, noted there was 4 prototypes already made, agreed with the big 4 requirements, noticed significant leaps forward with each design, loved the formula 1 type front suspension on the P4, appreciated the power to weight ratios being mentioned, discovered viable reasons for the set backs and how they were addressed, researched the companies willing to be associated with the development of the autocycle, noted the rising tide of supporters for the project, watched the vidios avaiable, read the pros and cons professionals put forth, understood the decisions not to put forth a large media circus type publicity campaign, and decided I just might be interested in this little vehicle!
Showed it to the Wife and she hated it. Figured I've lost bets before and probably will again in the future, so I put a hundred bucks down.
Today, just over three weeks after making my "bet", I recieved my T shirt and bumper sticker. I like the start I've recieved so far!
I found this forum after thinking about just how many other vehicles have them. I found two, one I don't much care fore, and this one that I appreciate greatly!
Wifey will hopefully be satisfied nesting in the back seat.. ;)

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it's the headlights. The UK regs say a maximum of 400mm from the outer extreme of the vehicle. I think they mean the centre of the lamp, ie the bulb. The P3 looked OK, the P4 not. I think it would be a great shame if Elio denied themselves the UK and probably the European market because of this issue.
EM has stated that they want to export.....(later). I would think they would be interested in making a slight modification to make a private sale. Similar to individual sales from European mfrs. to U.S. I do not know what the law say's about this, however.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've notice that many people have been following elio for awhile. I learned about it when it popped up on my facebook a few months ago and have been reading alot of the post to learn more. So I was wondering how eveyone else learned about it.
It is a long story. I can shorten a-bit. I was doing a search online for latest breakthrough vehicles. I have been a M/C rider off/on since '69, and never thought it was a solution to our trans woes. A stint in the Marine Corps gave me a chance to see how efficient public trans could be in other parts of the world, but have come to the conclusion that it was not going to happen here in my lifetime. I am truly a motor head, but the way we do it defies logic. Then last Fall '13 the online search brought it to my attention. Followed the website until Spring, 100$, all-in, then upped it to 1000$, all-in, in Aug. I hope to drive it before they cart me off to that grassy knoll. Simplicity is the secret. If not it will go the way of the '64 Mustang, which was very practical, and a good looking car at the time. Things just got crazy after that.

D Borland

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I had been investigating "new" concept vehicles for quite awhile. Aptera, Tesla, etc. I came across the Elio and was instantly intrigued.
I made my #10004 reservation on Sept 1.
I am telling everyone.
My grand daughter is in college in Oregon (duck). I tried to get her interested, she just doesn't like the "looks" of it. I'm working on her though.
She will be first after me to drive it.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think about a year ago on line, was the first time. The Chevy was almost 10 years old and that's when I went looking for something to replace it. Just researching high mileage cars and it came up. When I read it was not in production, I just skipped over the article. I do remember thinking its kinda cute!

Then while watching the news on August 28th we saw the Elio and I think we both fell in love at first sight. We talked about it that night and I did some research. The next morning we talked about it some more. They were showing it over the weekend so we hopped in the car to go have a look. The reps were great as well as everyone in line waiting to get into this little dream. Tech questions were asked well beyond our mechanical knowledge but the reps broke it down some, so even We could understand some of what was being asked.

Then the moment came, I crawled into the back, the wife in the drivers seat, we poked, prodded, touched everything, asked about the back windows, will they open or not? To be honest I don't remember the answer. We changed places, I'm short 5'2" but had no problem with seat adjustment and I was not inches from the steering wheel like I am in some cars. I thought to my self, we could do this. We got out, listened to more tech questions about the engine, talked some more and decided to just do it! We went "All in" and do not and will not regret that decision.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think about a year ago on line, was the first time. The Chevy was almost 10 years old and that's when I went looking for something to replace it. Just researching high mileage cars and it came up. When I read it was not in production, I just skipped over the article. I do remember thinking its kinda cute!

Then while watching the news on August 28th we saw the Elio and I think we both fell in love at first sight. We talked about it that night and I did some research. The next morning we talked about it some more. They were showing it over the weekend so we hopped in the car to go have a look. The reps were great as well as everyone in line waiting to get into this little dream. Tech questions were asked well beyond our mechanical knowledge but the reps broke it down some, so even We could understand some of what was being asked.

Then the moment came, I crawled into the back, the wife in the drivers seat, we poked, prodded, touched everything, asked about the back windows, will they open or not? To be honest I don't remember the answer. We changed places, I'm short 5'2" but had no problem with seat adjustment and I was not inches from the steering wheel like I am in some cars. I thought to my self, we could do this. We got out, listened to more tech questions about the engine, talked some more and decided to just do it! We went "All in" and do not and will not regret that decision.

Hi Norahsbed,

Your answer to the window question is:

Paul Elio has stated a few times over the last year, that the back windows will a have a options of opening, but they will be Van windows, which they can get at a very low cost... and the P5 model will have more roof space and head room in the back seat then the P4 does...

Many people have stated the same problem about the P4, " needs more head room in back seat "... So Elio Motor heard that,and what the people were saying and they are changing it... before production begins... right on Elio Motors...

Now if they would just change that dash.... No!" Steel Boobs "... or what every they are called....

Glad your on board...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave " Customize your Elio, it's all for You!!

Top Bottom