• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Options Will Em Be Offering??

How many initial options will EM be offering?

• Total voters

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no word on whether the Gen 1 Elio will even have a sunroof option. There was talk of future models having the option for a completely glass roof though. I don't think you will need to make a decision, because it won't be an option :/
It is my understanding that any future option can be added to an existing Elio at any time. If I remember correctly this is per PE. Would this not mean that later, when said glass roof option is available, I would be able to get one installed?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my understanding that any future option can be added to an existing Elio at any time. If I remember correctly this is per PE. Would this not mean that later, when said glass roof option is available, I would be able to get one installed?

Well, there may be a difference between plug-and-play stereo upgrades and replacing the entire roof panel. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :D

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no word on whether the Gen 1 Elio will even have a sunroof option. There was talk of future models having the option for a completely glass roof though. I don't think you will need to make a decision, because it won't be an option :/
I'm convinced that a stray Elio would be found one day in Death valley with a fried skeletal remains of the driver due to the virtual convection oven effect completely glassed cockpit. LOL At some point I believe the sunroof has been bandied about somewhat, I think, even by Paul himself. Can't let that cute little Fiat have one and us not.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a sun roof on my Porsche 944 and it was completely useless. The front edge of the opening was just over my head, so the entire opening was behind me. It was impossible for me to see through it.

With corporate average fuel economy requirements from the government, all cars are trending towards a sleek aerodynamic shape. The sunroofs in most cars will probably be behind the driver.

Point well taken.
As a side issue; Did know that Fighter planes in WWII had a better laminar flow with a flat finish rather than a shinny one? That held true up to 350 or so miles per hour.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, there may be a difference between plug-and-play stereo upgrades and replacing the entire roof panel. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :D
I know I am pushing the limits of what was said but the idea of a perpetually upgradable vehicle, from the manufacturer, is something I can really get behind. Would be a selling point for a group of people if true as I imagine it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know I am pushing the limits of what was said but the idea of a perpetually upgradable vehicle, from the manufacturer, is something I can really get behind. Would be a selling point for a group of people if true as I imagine it.
I agree. Being able to do things to my car is very enjoyable to me. I enjoy searching the "options". I enjoy the planning, and the anticipation is often the biggest enjoyment of all.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We'll be able to find out the exact number of options NEXT WEEK according to the latest blog!!:
Elio and Earth Day 2016 | Elio Motors

Well; Kinda. Note the following quote.
"The configurator will start off with a set of options and every month we will add more and more as we finalize additional options and accessories."

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Short list: cruise control, tinted windows, heated seat(s), manual transmission ( I know the auto is the option but I like the fact I can get it in manual), 360 degree camera, and open front fenders (additional purchase that I can alternate for the enclosed fenders while road tripping).

Long list: all the above plus whatever else my wallet will support.

Top Bottom