• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Want My Money Back. You've Pushed Back The Production Date Five (5) Times.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
And now, they say its not going to be assembled in Shreveport, La. This whole venture is a scam, and I want my $1,000 back.
A really pissed off customer whose considering legal action,
James Lee
Many, La 71449

Do you normally jump to conclusions on things that haven't panned out yet? Patience seems to be a lost virtue with so many ways to find info online, and much of it being hearsay. I'd wait until summer 2016 for a better assessment.

If more people would learn geology and see that oil is finite at any cost, incentives for a high MPG vehicle would increase. This OPEC-induced price drop came at an unfortunate time. The American hive-mind wants to believe that we can frack our way to oil independence but the math of recoverable reserves shows what a joke that is (click for a good podcast on that topic).

It puzzles me that most major automakers could have built a car like this long ago. Motorcycle makers could have entered the fray, too. The technology isn't radical and they ought to know that many people would want it. It has wide appeal to efficiency-seekers and those who've always wanted a motorcycle but are risk-averse and don't want to hassle with helmets and special clothes. I'm interested in the Elio for both reasons, but more so for the high MPG.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
James,

Why are you spouting off on this site about taking legal action? Most of us could care less. If you have a grip, contact Elio Motors direct.

In fact, hire yourself a lawyer and have him send correspondence to Elio Motors. By the time you have chased this rat down this hole you will have spent more than the cost of the Elio on legal fees.

You are traveling down a dead end street.

Last edited:

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK we most of us purchase lottery tickets, the lottery is a scam run by the government plain and simple but we continue to purchase tickets just for the opportunity to dream about winning, that's what you do you purchase a ticket for a buck or two and then dream about what you would do with the money, actually it's kind of nice to live in la la land for a little while but the facts are YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN. Now let’s look at the ticket you purchased with ELIO, you have already won, this is already creating jobs in the USA, keeping US money in the US and stopping imports is a big big win. Most likely there will be an ELIO in your garage long before you win the lottery and at a lot less cost.

The ELIO could fail but the fact that this will be one of the greatest things on the market in my life I don't see how it could fail. The things that could stop it are the government because they can't tax it enough or the competition could sabotage it.

The government could regulate it to death because they will be getting less tax from the ELIO compared to other cars (less gas used equals less gas tax collected and less of your money for them to waste) in reality every government employee that has an tax payer provided car should be driving an ELIO, this is your tax payer dollars that are providing these vehicles and there is no reason for them to be driving a $30,000 car when a $7,000 ELIO will do the job. The government should be 100% behind the ELIO, this car could easily turn the US economy around, just think about what a vehicle could do with the US economy, when you can drive for less cash you have more cash and you can drive more, the fact is that when you are in your car driving there is a real good chance that you are going somewhere to speed money, remember the economy is based on the "money go round", when you stop spending the “money go round” stops, when you drive an ELIO you have more money to put into the “money go round”.

I can see the competition sabotaging it because it will pretty much wipe out the sales of any other small car, the other auto makers do not want to see anything like this on the market, they won't produce anything like the ELIO because their marketing tells them that they can get at least 20 grand out of you, if they can get 20 grand out of you they are not going to produce or sell you a car for 7 grand.

I say screw the other auto makers and buy an AMERICAN made ELIO.

I am also somewhat discouraged by the delays but I am still planning on having an ELIO in my garage and I am not giving up.

Remember to Look for and ASK for American Made Products, if it’s not MADE in America don’t buy it. The job you save may be your own.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK we most of us purchase lottery tickets, the lottery is a scam run by the government plain and simple but we continue to purchase tickets just for the opportunity to dream about winning, that's what you do you purchase a ticket for a buck or two and then dream about what you would do with the money, actually it's kind of nice to live in la la land for a little while but the facts are YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN. Now let’s look at the ticket you purchased with ELIO, you have already won, this is already creating jobs in the USA, keeping US money in the US and stopping imports is a big big win. Most likely there will be an ELIO in your garage long before you win the lottery and at a lot less cost.

The ELIO could fail but the fact that this will be one of the greatest things on the market in my life I don't see how it could fail. The things that could stop it are the government because they can't tax it enough or the competition could sabotage it.

The government could regulate it to death because they will be getting less tax from the ELIO compared to other cars (less gas used equals less gas tax collected and less of your money for them to waste) in reality every government employee that has an tax payer provided car should be driving an ELIO, this is your tax payer dollars that are providing these vehicles and there is no reason for them to be driving a $30,000 car when a $7,000 ELIO will do the job. The government should be 100% behind the ELIO, this car could easily turn the US economy around, just think about what a vehicle could do with the US economy, when you can drive for less cash you have more cash and you can drive more, the fact is that when you are in your car driving there is a real good chance that you are going somewhere to speed money, remember the economy is based on the "money go round", when you stop spending the “money go round” stops, when you drive an ELIO you have more money to put into the “money go round”.

I can see the competition sabotaging it because it will pretty much wipe out the sales of any other small car, the other auto makers do not want to see anything like this on the market, they won't produce anything like the ELIO because their marketing tells them that they can get at least 20 grand out of you, if they can get 20 grand out of you they are not going to produce or sell you a car for 7 grand.

I am also somewhat discouraged by the delays but I am still planning on having an ELIO in my garage and I am not giving up.

Remember to Look for and ASK for American Made Products, if it’s not MADE in America don’t buy it. The job you save may be your own.
Just for fun, here's a powerball simulator, run it for say 10,000 years (crank the time speed up to max) and see how many times you win in 10K years of playing

http://powerballsim.appspot.com/

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you normally jump to conclusions on things that haven't panned out yet? Patience seems to be a lost virtue with so many ways to find info online, and much of it being hearsay. I'd wait until summer 2016 for a better assessment.

If more people would learn geology and see that oil is finite at any cost, incentives for a high MPG vehicle would increase. This OPEC-induced price drop came at an unfortunate time. The American hive-mind wants to believe that we can frack our way to oil independence but the math of recoverable reserves shows what a joke that is (click for a good podcast on that topic).

It puzzles me that most major automakers could have built a car like this long ago. Motorcycle makers could have entered the fray, too. The technology isn't radical and they ought to know that many people would want it. It has wide appeal to efficiency-seekers and those who've always wanted a motorcycle but are risk-averse and don't want to hassle with helmets and special clothes. I'm interested in the Elio for both reasons, but more so for the high MPG.

......"Motorcycle makers could have entered the fray, too.".......
They did. This is a Polaris Sling Shot in action at an IIHS test track.
------>
<-----
Think I will stick with FWD tadpole rather that RWD tadpole.
(You can use the search string "iihs slalom car test" to find this.)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ford vs. Toyota vs. Elio:
Jerry, The potential 1500 manufacturing jobs EM is contracted to provide is a drop in the bucket compared to the other foreign and domestic auto manufacturers in the USA. When comparing Ford to Toyota, Toyota uses more American made parts in their Camry than Ford uses in their Escape. The Toyota Camry provides more American jobs than the Ford Escape. The USA Auto Industry (Foreign or domestic Brands) is critical to our job market and our economy. Statistics say that 1 auto job provides 9 others on mainstreet and without them your screwed.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ford vs. Toyota vs. Elio:
Jerry, The potential 1500 manufacturing jobs EM is contracted to provide is a drop in the bucket compared to the other foreign and domestic auto manufacturers in the USA. When comparing Ford to Toyota, Toyota uses more American made parts in their Camry than Ford uses in their Escape. The Toyota Camry provides more American jobs than the Ford Escape. The USA Auto Industry (Foreign or domestic Brands) is critical to our job market and our economy. Statistics say that 1 auto job provides 9 others on mainstreet and without them your screwed.

By your numbers.... When Elio gets rolling it wont be 1500 jobs. It will be 15,000 jobs. One direct plus nine indirect.
That sounds pretty good.
And if the GSA puts all of those government bureaucrats into $7,000 Elios instead of $30,000 what evers, think about the savings to taxpayers.
Bet that won't make the bureaucrats too happy. ;)
And i's about time they got their belts cinched in a little.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By your numbers.... When Elio gets rolling it wont be 1500 jobs. It will be 15,000 jobs. One direct plus nine indirect.
That sounds pretty good.
And if the GSA puts all of those government bureaucrats into $7,000 Elios instead of $30,000 what evers, think about the savings to taxpayers.
Bet that won't make the bureaucrats too happy. ;)
And i's about time they got their belts cinched in a little.
I'm hoping for EM's 1500 added manufacturing jobs, but only mentioned to Jerry that he shouldn't underestimate the importance of the auto industries contribution to an overall stabile economy not to mention the off the shelf parts they will be providing for the Elio. I appreciate the government bureaucrats that are helping Elio to succeed along the way.

tim

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
And now, they say its not going to be assembled in Shreveport, La. This whole venture is a scam, and I want my $1,000 back.
A really pissed off customer whose considering legal action,
James Lee
Many, La 71449
you will find a lot of pissed off people here when you talk bad about the beloved Elio motors, I am like you have spent the $1000 because I thought it was a possibility, now it gets pushed back all the time and you get a few xxxxxxxx press releases that can be cooked up anywhere and if I could get my money back or even sell the stake in it I would. I read the fine print when I signed up and was ok with it but that was based upon a supposed start production date of 2015.

Note : language and baseless insinuation removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom