• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Infinite Skyz Skyzmatic System

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You know the more I read the more stuff this system seems to be able to do. I am going to put it back in my signature for now. I might go 2 grand if it replaces enough accessories.
MK

I think that you have exactly hit the nail on the head. A lot of what this system does will be available as independent options however this system should do a nice job of combining everything into one interface which should be very convenient for those people who plan on having many of these options anyhow.

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I read someplace it will be for Android also. But I do not want it anyway. I want simple and cheap.
Amen. I already own 2 vehicles and one is a land yacht with all the high tech gizmo's anyone could ever want. This Elio will not replace a conventional, heavy, quiet, nice riding 4-wheel car no matter how much crap you load it up with. Keep mine, cheap and simple thank you. Nevertheless to each his (or her) own :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What about states that handheld devices are not legal?

This is a good question as not only do states have bans on handheld devices but they also have restrictions on monitors available within view of the driver. I know these restrictions generally have exceptions for installed infotainment systems and technically the Skyzmatic app would be the front end of a hard wired infotainment system. Of course explaining how this works to a police officer could be an interesting experience and could result in having to explain the system to a judge. :rolleyes:

This appears to be another example of where laws are not keeping up with technology as I know for a fact that other automakers are rolling out tablet based infotainment systems. This is the Audi Smart Display removable tablet infotainment system:
Audi-Tablet.jpg

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Internet, phone, video security system, but no kitchen sink...yet.

http://www.infiniteskyz.com/hardware/elio_app.html

Example - One of the Elio guys saiid his daughter works a a mall and does not get off work until night. With the Infinite Skyz App she could start her Elio with her smart phone, and use the 360 degree camera option to view/video around her car before she goes out. He mantioned a few other great SAFETY options.

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a product exercise, the SkyzMatic system is really cool, but as a $2K option on a $7K car, I'm having a hard time with it. I'm sure there will be some kind of market for it, and maybe a large one, but when you look at the Elio's mission statement, it's priced far above the target commuter's need.

Sure, I was in a large computer store yesterday afternoon - and everyone was gathered around the newest tablet computers. "Ooohs" and "ahhhs" from all quarters. But for most of us working stiffs, 90% of the gimmicks are just that. Those of us who pound the keys for a living could do the same job on a $400-$500 computer that they're selling for $900-$1800 - and pocket the difference. OK we're not going to get the envious looks, but . . . .

"When you find yourself up to your butt in alligators, it's well to remember your assignment was just to drain the swamp." - Old Cajun wisdom

Dallas B. Sims

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have been watching Infinite Skyz since the announcement of the Elio Motors' partnership. I wondered if someone could explain the relationship between Infinite Skyz, Internet of Things for Industry, Zebra Technology, and Motorola Solutions' Enterprise Business. I guess my train of thought is would Infinite Skyz now fall under Motorola?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
More information and images from CES news coverage with Skyz system installed in P4.

http://www.cnet.com/products/elio-motors-elio/

skyz p4.jpg

I have noticed that the angle of this image is deceptive as the steering wheel actually comes out towards the driver a good bit while the Ipad Mini is fairly close to dash however in this photo they appear to be nearly side by side.

Top Bottom