• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Video About Tesla Motors

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tesla semi certainly sounds good, but the fact that Elon did not take any questions at the reveal sends up red flags. What is he afraid of, questions that he doesn't want to answer? You would think he would want to talk about it. Strange behavior. He mentioned the mileage at 500 hauling 80,000 lbs, but how much of that is truck with battery and how much is payload? He also said how fast it would charge using megachargers. Again, no details. Some basic calculations show the semis to have about a 1 MW battery. The amount of current needed to charge these batteries is indeed "mega". It will be interesting to watch Tesla for the next few years.
Red flags pop up for me only when the CEO of a company isn't available to the general public/reservation holders to ask the questions they may or may not like the answers to. Musk is a CEO that is out front and leading his company. No red flags on my front since Elon has a track record of doing what he says he's doing. I respect that. Strange behavior would be no word from a Company CEO.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Red flags pop up for me only when the CEO of a company isn't available to the general public/reservation holders to ask the questions they may or may not like the answers to. Musk is a CEO that is out front and leading his company. No red flags on my front since Elon has a track record of doing what he says he's doing. I respect that. Strange behavior would be no word from a Company CEO.
and then there's the President?CEO? of Elio Motors, to whom you email to get a response, unless he's meeting in public with elected officials.
Maybe I missed it, but I do not recall except at car shows taking a few questions. We'd know a heck of a lot more other than a moderator publishing email returns to questions posed to E.M. Of course E.M has a history of foot in mouth when announcements were public, lucky they can now not discuss anything as the SEC is. watching.
How, with such very limited funding have lawyers process OTC paperwork, respond to potential law suits, even put out a blog post 2x/week?
Get ready for another important message how you can get two turkeys in the rear seat for Thanksgiving- One on your wife's lap?? ;-)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can you not like the guy?? Just by employing thousands of our workers on his Tesla factory, Mega battery factory, his rocket projects and now EV trucks are no laughing matter because it helps our economy...he can also easily just build all these overseas on cheap labor but he didn't! Yes, Tesla cars are not within everybody's budget at the moment but I won't be surprised if he comes up with his own version of an EV trike most people can afford. PE should knock at EM door and see if he can convince him to turn our ELIO to EV....that's the only thing that'll get his (EM) attention. :D

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah... Holy crap! They got the 0-60 time below 2 seconds but can't get that cost down. But still... that's quite the range.

Tesla has managed to bring costs down considerably, which is why they have 28% gross margin on the Model S, and why they have the Model 3 priced at $35k.

The new Roadster is a hypercar/supercar, and similar specs only found on vehicles costing $1M+. I'd consider million dollar hypercar/supercar performance for $200k a pretty good bargain...and there is most assuredly a healthy profit built into the price.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we will see Tesla Motors enter the threewheeler (motorcycle) commuter EV market. Leave that up to EM, EMV, and Arcimoto. Should it happen, hopefully it's a tilting three wheeler similar to the CarverOne or a gyro balanced 2 wheeler similar to Lit Motors C-1 that looks like 1/2 a Roadster with exactly the same performance numbers for under $30K.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tesla semi certainly sounds good, but the fact that Elon did not take any questions at the reveal sends up red flags. What is he afraid of, questions that he doesn't want to answer? You would think he would want to talk about it. Strange behavior. He mentioned the mileage at 500 hauling 80,000 lbs, but how much of that is truck with battery and how much is payload? He also said how fast it would charge using megachargers. Again, no details. Some basic calculations show the semis to have about a 1 MW battery. The amount of current needed to charge th
The Tesla semi certainly sounds good, but the fact that Elon did not take any questions at the reveal sends up red flags. What is he afraid of, questions that he doesn't want to answer? You would think he would want to talk about it. Strange behavior. He mentioned the mileage at 500 hauling 80,000 lbs, but how much of that is truck with battery and how much is payload? He also said how fast it would charge using megachargers. Again, no details. Some basic calculations show the semis to have about a 1 MW battery. The amount of current needed to charge these batteries is indeed "mega". It will be interesting to watch Tesla for the next few years.
I thought they said 80,000 payload. That would not include the battery. I imagine that they would switch out batteries at the truck terminals. We used a twenty hour a day utilization on our trucks. Five hundred miles would not work. We bought 100 tractors a year, the savings would be incredible.

Top Bottom