• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Returning to the investor message video. I really liked this slide in the investment opportunity video as it is a great list of Elio Motors' component and systems suppliers. This provides us really good information and answers some questions about who is supplying these items. :cool:

View attachment 5110
First time I've seen where the exhaust is routed. Interesting.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why sent this notice to us? Social Networking.
Getting the work out is a process of stimulating the grape-vine. There is always the chance that an Elio buyer knows some rich friends, who themselves wouldn't likely buy an Elio to actually drive. -as a guess-
Also, its cheaper to sell to an existing customer than find a new one.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Extremely hard to build trust in a small LLC like that. Especially around the management. Only someone like G1 could do that, and do 67-6700 people with enough money and interest know him?

Oh, wait a sec, Hey G1, I got 100 to put in! Seriously.
But one could only manage such activity on a website with no 'contact' link.
Do you know how much of a pest a $100 investor can make of themselves?
As long as you have legal docs, there's no trust issue to be handled. Simply invest all the capital as soon as it hits its mark and get an equal ownership in the entity for your investment. Under law by giving $15,000 for .67% interest in the LLC, and you have 67 people to total just over $1million, if anything went wrong, you get bought out of your .67% of the company or court orders them to redeem your ownership %, and imagine that, you get your entire initial investment back haha.

The only way it's risky is when the value depreciates which in this case it can't because the only value is cash until invested in EM and once in EM, same scenario, you get broken off your .67% in the case you want out.

Art Vandalay

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have a bit of a different perspective on this. It could actually be that EM has a group of investors lined up, but short of actually making a public offering, they would either have to file a 506b offering under regulation D which would restrict investor participation to a private offering with no "general solicitation" or file a 506c, which provided the opportunity for them to open the investment to any "qualified" investor. Since EM has stated before that they would provide the reservation holders with an opportunity to invest, the 506c was probably their only real option. Unfortunately, that does restrict the potential investor pool, but it also simplifies the process of keeping track of all the investors, since there will be fewer of them. This could actually be a good thing, since a sudden requirement for additional capital could signal their readiness to start tooling up the factory to build the next prototypes.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Returning to the investor message video. I really liked this slide in the investment opportunity video as it is a great list of Elio Motors' component and systems suppliers. This provides us really good information and answers some questions about who is supplying these items. :cool:

View attachment 5110
G1, How do we print this? Is the slide available somewhere on the Elio Motors Web site?

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as you have legal docs, there's no trust issue to be handled. Simply invest all the capital as soon as it hits its mark and get an equal ownership in the entity for your investment. Under law by giving $15,000 for .67% interest in the LLC, and you have 67 people to total just over $1million, if anything went wrong, you get bought out of your .67% of the company or court orders them to redeem your ownership %, and imagine that, you get your entire initial investment back haha.

The only way it's risky is when the value depreciates which in this case it can't because the only value is cash until invested in EM and once in EM, same scenario, you get broken off your .67% in the case you want out.
That won't work, legally.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The STATEMENT; " A major investor backed out last minute. ", was made HERE by 'mdfb42'...... just wanted to actually know WHERE he got the information, and how ACCURATE it was. Guess it was just 'HOPE', supposition, or a 'GUESS'...... like most of the rebuttals offered by the 'Faithful'...... without any documentation or basis in FACT. Oh, and in reference to the "anticipated funds" from the Surplus Equipment SALES; 'No Word' from Elio Motors (Good or Bad)....... but the 'number of items' listed on their eBay site..... keeps INCREASING (not Decreasing, if being SOLD off). ie. 7 Mar 2015 = 6,784 items...... 16 Mar 2015 = 6,898 items. And all items are listed as "Or Best Offer"..... so the 'Asking Price' is no real indication of what amount they will end up with.
No idea what major investor backed out, though we'd probably never know, with NDA's usually involved. Elio Motors has said in their blog that less than 15% of excess equipment is for sale on eBay. I would agree they have not said how much has been sold by Comau, versus subcontracted out to Automation Recovery to sell on ebay vs what's in their w

View attachment 5110
I saved that too, but I thought I heard PE say that Cooper was making a "special" tire for them at the 4:10 mark? ala 1st Gen Prius?

Top Bottom