• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just For The Cat Lovers Here

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
One of mine tries to snag a DVD as it goes into/out of the player too funny to watch, He will sit for long periods waiting for it to emerge.
Mine are fascinated with the laser printer.
I did download a couple of apps on my tablet for the cats; I'm sooo glad I have screen protectors, they go crazy on it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother could make this whistling sound that our Seal Point !hated!. She would first me-yow at him a bunch, but if he wouldn't stop, she'd go over an try and give him a bite. He'd say ok-ok-ok, and stop, so she would too.
He'd also play 'spin-the-cat' on one of the padded office chairs we had. Since she'd jump up there and stare at him to start the game, I think she liked that.

There was this woman that was friends to my parents. She had this kind of a marge-simpson hair style. When she drove up to visit, the cat would leap to the top of the door. Then as she walked in, she'd feel this combing of her hair. The cat would take swipes at it. Since the cat liked to sit next to her, I just think the cat thought the 'thing' was attacking her head and wanted it off of her favorite visitor.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What are cats?

What, exactly, are cats?

• Cats do what they want, when they want.

• They never listen.

• They are not predictable.

• They whine when they are not happy.

• When you want to play, they want to be left alone.

• When you want to be alone, they want to play.

• They expect you to cater to their every whim.

• They are moody

• They leave their hair everywhere.

• They drive you nuts.

Cats are small women in fur coats

Ain't that the truth; small women or really spoiled big babies.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I beg to differ on one point, cats do listen. They just don't comprehend (partly by choice) on anything that doesn't have something in it for them.!

I don't know how to account for this, but one very odd attribute has been true in my experience; they will 'bed down' over any part of your body that hurts or needs healing. --your mileage may vary--

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll argue that point (a little) I had foot surgery yesterday and my foot is in a big splint and wrapped thick.
They have come up and sniffed; but none of them have tried to lay on it yet. :becky:

Manitoid

Reaction score
I had a cat that greeted me from the top of a telephone pole one day when I got home from work. I tried to figure out something that I could do to get him safely down. I even called the local volunteer fire department. Following their advice, I took a bunch of pictures and then left to play tennis. When I got back home he was ground-level and fine (but hungry). I have no idea how he got down but I think it might have been fun to watch.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What are cats?

What, exactly, are cats?

• Cats do what they want, when they want.

• They never listen.

• They are not predictable.

• They whine when they are not happy.

• When you want to play, they want to be left alone.

• When you want to be alone, they want to play.

• They expect you to cater to their every whim.

• They are moody

• They leave their hair everywhere.

• They drive you nuts.

Cats are small women in fur coats

Ain't that the truth; small women or really spoiled big babies.
And here I thought you were going to say that cats were teenagers.

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My one and only cat was a rescue. A friend of mine worked at a PetCo. One night there was a knock on their front door after closing hours. He opened the door to find 2 felines left on the floor in a box. Both were extremely ill, missing a majority of their hair, and majorly malnourished. The company had them looked at by a vet. My furry companion had 2 bacterial infections and ringworm. It took 8 months to nurse her back to health (which PetCo did). Unfortunately, her brother didn't make it.

During the recovery I would visit my friend at work and play with the cat as much as possible. She had a tendency to rear up on her hind legs and bat at me with her paws during these sessions. She appeared to be a Russian Blue so I named her Greybear. I loved that cat. I'm tearing up as I type this. I was eventually allowed to adopt her (yes I had to go through the whole adoption process). Took her home when I was just moved out on my own at 18 years old. My first pet. She was with me through many growing experiences. From my single days to the time I got married... all the way to me having kids. Unfortunately I lost her 3 years ago. She was 19 years old. Towards the end she was losing control of her bowels so we kept her in the garage. It was insulated and I tried to keep her as comfortable as possible. The night before she passed she came to me and spent a good 15 minutes just talking to me and letting me pet her. It was her way of saying goodbye.

I loved her very much. Still like cats just refuse to get another. She can never be replaced and no other feline can live up to her. Cats are great, kind, loving, independent, empathetic creatures. Not better than dogs.... just different.

Top Bottom