• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just For The Cat Lovers Here

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
BestSeat[1].jpg

sixreasons[1].jpg

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here is my jungle cat Gigi, hiding in a tree from the nasty pit-bull dogs that run free here.
Actually a couple of the neighbor dogs ran past the front of the house and up she goes.

The Gold cat is Popoki (Hawaiian for cat). She was our first to adopt us and a rat/mongoose killer.

Attachments

• 2015_01_01_110 (2).JPG
    2015_01_01_110 (2).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 180
  • 1-2-14 002.jpg
    1-2-14 002.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 230

Tuxedo

Reaction score
Cats are Stone Cold Serial Killers ..........

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/2015/04/24/killer-cat-bird-predator/26297179/

"Beneath every kitten's adorable face and piercing eyes resides one of the most deadly predators in the natural world."

View attachment 7444
Not my fur babies! When they were preparing the grounds for the Mormon church and the new condos on each side of the street, the fiield mice that were residing there, sought shelter in the houses nearby. Needless to say, our place was one of the 'shelters'. My babies, there were three of them at that time, shared their food with the 'uninvited guests'. I had to set my own trap to get them.

Tuxedo

Reaction score
Our cats go outside, but only to the back yard. I built this fence top "retainer" that keeps them from getting out, and any other cats from getting in.
Total price to do my whole back yard? About $300; it's all 1/2" PVC, plastic deer netting and wire ties.

View attachment 7447

Simple to make, I'll send the measurements to anyone that wants them.
The reason it works; cats can't jump straight up to 7 to 8 feet and then in, the deer netting hurts paws, and has a lot of "give".
Cats on the outside don't like surfaces that have a lot of "give" it feels insecure to them, plus deer netting hurts paws. When the want to jump down from height, they want to jump straight down; not up 1 to 2 feet, out the same distance then down. I got the idea from a Zoo structure.
We will be moving to a place where I have a big yard and I was thinking of the same thing, letting my babies out in the yard. Right now, only one of them gets out and gets back on her own. One of them got out and it took us three days to finally got him back inside the house. They are all declawed so it is not feasible to let them out where other cats can get to them. That is a very bright idea.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not my 4; this house and their outside space (the entire backyard) belongs to them, and they share with no one.
My Black Abby has <ahem> injured 4 other cats that found a way into the yard.
We also had a couple of suicidal mice try to short cut thru; didn't work.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We will be moving to a place where I have a big yard and I was thinking of the same thing, letting my babies out in the yard. Right now, only one of them gets out and gets back on her own. One of them got out and it took us three days to finally got him back inside the house. They are all declawed so it is not feasible to let them out where other cats can get to them. That is a very bright idea.
You declawed your cats????? How cruel. Sorry, but it's true.
Do you know that they actually amputate all the toes to declaw them?
I have things around for the cats to scratch and they do not touch the furniture or destroy other things in the house.

I'm not trying to be mean, or "come down on you" but I learned that a long time ago and found just how cruel it is.
All of the animal shelters around here all have a lot of information on it, and they make you sign an agreement when adopting that you won't do that to them.

Sorry

Top Bottom