• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show 2016

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Featured GalleryElio E1c: LA 2016
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/17/elio-motors-e1c-production/
Some really good high resolution dowloadable pictures here.
" Sure, the new vehicle looks an awful lot like Elio's previous prototypes, but there are important differences at play. Elio says that, "the E1c is part of Elio Motors' E-Series vehicles, which are being built for testing and validation purposes. More than 80 percent of the E1c was assembled using soft tooling - short-term, low-cost production tools - to prove manufacturability and repeatability of individual parts prior to full production." In other words, we made this one, and so we will be able to fulfill the 62,000 reservations the company has already taken. "

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After seeing the P4 this year, I am absolutely amazed at the substantial improvements in the E1C. It looks stunning in licorice with brown? (color blind?) leather Dymos? seats. Much more beefy in STEEL and proprietary enhanced suspension! Have to have the leather option now...after seeing the wear to P4 seat, leather should have a nice sheen only from 10s of thousands of derrière... which really doesn't show well in the cloth standard after the first year or so of shows. Nothing else besides the seat on the Creamsicle P4 showed age by September of this year! Mark my words: The licorice E1C is going to sell out the 65K reservations before the end of 2016..by 12/12 very likely...I agree with another on this thread on that...a very synchronous date indeed!

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they called it a Prototype not Enigineering
Gallery: Elio E1C | 14 Photos
https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/17/elio-unveils-its-latest-84-mpg-three-wheeled-prototype/
I like what I see. However, that said, this should have been what the P5 was a year ago.
So... You have to pay $145 to get four pieces of plastic in any other color than black? :mad:

In the "road" video, the hood pins are somehow configured so they are flush with the hood.
There are no pins sticking up above the hood through the brackets. Nice.

The bulge is less conspicuous.
It could be partially because of the color.
But I think the new lines blend in more and look better

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After seeing the P4 this year, I am absolutely amazed at the substantial improvements in the E1C. It looks stunning in licorice with brown? (color blind?) leather Dymos? seats. Much more beefy in STEEL and proprietary suspension! Have to have that option now...after seeing the wear to P4 seat, leather should have a nice sheen only from 10s of thousands of derrière... which really doesn't show well in the cloth after the first year or so of shows. Nothing else on the Creamsicle P4 showed age by September of this year! The licorice E1C is going to sell out the 65K definitely before the end of 2016
The E1c 2 my i ... It does look like steel, suspension:amen: , not browns just looks less black against the stunning Licorice finish, the seats still look cloth.

Top Bottom