• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show 2016

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you guys notice the engine in the E1c is different from the E1a? For example, the E1a had coil-over-plugs, while the E1c doesn't.
View attachment 11802
View attachment 11803
The E1c's engine looks closer to the one in the P5.

Also, there appears to be a crankcase breather filter(?), and a louvered belly pan beneath the engine compartment.

And what is that black box near the air filter, some kind of electric brake booster?

The new headlights look like the ones on the E1d that went to Red Dot, so it looks like EM has settled on this design. I like it, but I'm wondering how would I know when I'm facing the E1c on the road if the driver intends to make a turn (i.e. without the amber turn signal)?
View attachment 11805

the black box could be the fuse box, though it seems a bit large for that.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you guys notice the engine in the E1c is different from the E1a? For example, the E1a had coil-over-plugs, while the E1c doesn't.
View attachment 11802
View attachment 11803
The E1c's engine looks closer to the one in the P5.

Also, there appears to be a crankcase breather filter(?), and a louvered belly pan beneath the engine compartment.

And what is that black box near the air filter, some kind of electric brake booster?

The new headlights look like the ones on the E1d that went to Red Dot, so it looks like EM has settled on this design. I like it, but I'm wondering how would I know when I'm facing the E1c on the road if the driver intends to make a turn (i.e. without the amber turn signal)?
View attachment 11805
What I noticed is the beautiful gun metal block color now looks like unpainted ugly aluminum. Guess I'll have to get out my grinder and rouge. Dirty Job, but worth it.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That smaller outboard light illuminates yellow.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An Eco button on a standard manual transmission?
How's that supposed to work again?

Gas flow is computer-controlled, so even if you floor it the car will rev slower so as to run more efficiently. At least, that would be my guess.

But it might just be there for show. "Look folks, it even has an Eco mode!*" (*Eco mode for Automatic transmission only.)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas flow is computer-controlled, so even if you floor it the car will rev slower so as to run more efficiently. At least, that would be my guess.

But it might just be there for show. "Look folks, it even has an Eco mode!*" (*Eco mode for Automatic transmission only.)
Yep, just what I want... My 0-60mph @ 11+ seconds vehicle to rev even slower. :becky:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Idea Mode: The Eco Button is actually the Start Engine Button since every time you start the Elio you are in Eco- Mode at 84 MPG.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That brings up a great point and question.
Now that they have an "80% production" vehicle that's shown cruising at moderate highways speeds...
Isn't it time for some simple real-life performance (mpg, mph, 0-60, HP, etc) testing?

Or are we going to hear more excuses for not even having proof of concept after 8 years?

Come on. Really!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Idea Mode: Paul Elio and Jerome should earmark an E Series for their daily use and start logging on some daily use road testing miles which are as or more important than Lab Testing.

Also, seeing an Elio or 2 on the road after 8 years would be great for advertising, marketing, and fund raising. Better yet a test drive event exclusively for the first 1000 reservationists to provide some meaningful test driver reviews for the other 60,000 reservationists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom