• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Tweeted Photo

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just an observation .......Why isn't the rear hatch clear ? Can't be more money and could provide additional rear view .

Perhaps a translucent window to allow light in, or something? The back seat headrests blocks almost all of the rear hatch view, so you wouldn't be able to see out of it anyways.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps a translucent window to allow light in, or something? The back seat headrests blocks almost all of the rear hatch view, so you wouldn't be able to see out of it anyways.
You can see that in this picture
Rear Seat 1.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And for those considering a rearview camera there are a bunch of them in the marketplace; RV's have been using them for years.
Just mount the camera high to get the best view; as for a monitor; those can be in the sunvisor

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like headrests with space in the middle would provide better visibility and lighting in conjunction with a rear hatch window.
View attachment 8476
The open headrest is a cool idea........even though my rear seat/compartment will be used primarily for storage. I would order my Elio with no rear seat if optional. Perhaps the open head rest and rear window hatch gate will be options some day down the road.

Top Bottom