• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Little News From Tesla

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I kind of figured someone would find a response article and post it.
That was a cinch.

And I wasn't disappointed.

It's not a response article, so much as one that explains the current state of the technology. It is unfortunate that Tesla gets singled out with literally everything they do, but that's what generates the "clicks."

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a response article, so much as one that explains the current state of the technology. It is unfortunate that Tesla gets singled out with literally everything they do, but that's what generates the "clicks."
That's what happens when you're the brightest fish in the pond.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all part of "The dumbing down of America". "You don't have to keep it in the lane, we'll do it for you; You don't have to watch traffic in front of you, we'll do it for you; You don't even have to pay attention. Get back to your texting. That's much more important."

"Honk if you love Jesus; Text if you want to meet him!"

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did get the Enhanced Auto Pilot feature on mine, but not the Full Self Driving package. At this point, I'm not sure that was a wise investment of $5K. I do use the adaptive cruise occasionally, but I am way too paranoid to use autopilot for more than short demos to friends. Tesla does need to communicate the limitations of its system a bit better to their "dumber" clientele. Autopilot does not absolve you of control of the vehicle. FSD might, but that aint here yet.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You reshingled your house with esla’s new solar shingles? If so did you have a certified local contractor install that new roofing product? Curious what percentage is active solar.

Negative. Tesla merged with Solar City (now Tesla Energy) recently and they installed 21 of your typical Panasonic 325W PV panels on my roof.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla revolutionized the transportation industry. Before them, electric cars were quirky, slow and ran those massive lead acid batteries. Pretty much a hobbyist vehicle. The roadster gave us a glimpse as to what an electric car could be. When the S came out, it was a game changer. It looked like a regular car, had decent range, charged in a reasonable amount of time, had all creature comforts and ended up being a rocketship for acceleration. Tesla had his 4 musts:

1. Amazing Range - Up to that point, range for EV were dismal
2. Uncompromised Safety - As we have seen, it's been tested over and over again and it gets excellent results for safety
3. American Pedigree - Designed and built in the USA with 50% North American content. Plus, 6000 American jobs directly created.
4. Low Cost of Ownership - With the simplified Tesla, it might be expensive to buy but has demonstrated that it's cheap to maintain and charge. Plus created an infrastructure for it.

What we are living through right now is a revolution and thus the reason for all of the negative Tesla energy. People don't like change thus electric cars will never work, Tesla will go broke, autonomous cars are bad etc... This is like in the early 90's when I was in Finland and just couldn't believe all of the Finns on cell phones no matter where. Then by the late 90's, they were texting like crazy. I remember hating cell phones because there was going to be no way I was going to have a conversation with someone halfway across the world while I'm grocery shopping or standing there and texting. It was not the way things are supposed to be and very annoying. Here we are today and that was a losing battle. I could have fought it but that would have been a bad business decision.

I suggest all of you go do some traveling to some of the European countries, Japan and China. The future is coming no matter how much you hate it. They already have it and soon, it'll be here. We are lucky Tesla is here in the US and didn't start elsewhere. The US would have been left in the stone age. Tesla changed the worlds attitude about EV's and thus other manufacturers are going to perfect it. Tesla might not make it but they started a revolution. Hate it all you want but it's here to stay.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've stated before that I refuse to read Seeking Alpha articles, however I will offer a rebuttal. Tesla has the best network in Europe, China, or the US. There is no charging advantage in either region for Jaguar. Furthemore, Jaguar is only going to produce 15k/yr of the i-Pace...which removes any comparison/competition with Tesla.

It will be great when a standard is agreed upon, but until then Tesla will continue to have a very large advantage over any other automaker.

Top Bottom