• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked-in Poll

Are you locked in?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not locked in at present. It would be more of an incentive to lock in if the entire pricing structure was established, including official colors, all options to be offered with pricing, and delivery charge. It is a bit presumptive of Elio Motors to ask us to commit to purchasing a vehicle without knowing what the total price will be. At the moment I am inclined to not commit to preserve the option of backing out if the final price is no longer within my budget constraints.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not locked in at present. It would be more of an incentive to lock in if the entire pricing structure was established, including official colors, all options to be offered with pricing, and delivery charge. It is a bit presumptive of Elio Motors to ask us to commit to purchasing a vehicle without knowing what the total price will be. At the moment I am inclined to not commit to preserve the option of backing out if the final price is no longer within my budget constraints.

You're picking on the wrong people.
The ones who are demanding this crap are the DOE

(political commentary removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you all-in for any amount? If so, your reservation money is non-refundable and if you back out you will lose it.

Option pricing will not be finalized until shortly before production begins.

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Are you all-in for any amount? If so, your reservation money is non-refundable and if you back out you will lose it.

Option pricing will not be finalized until shortly before production begins.
With Number 2167, obviously I am all-in, with $500 bonus and early responder bonus, and fully aware I will lose my $1000 if I back out. I do have until 65,000 reservations to make up my mind. Have had some weather-related financial setbacks recently, and am beginning to wonder , with retirement income what it is, whether I will be able to pay for the Elio when my number is up. Only time will tell.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With Number 2167, obviously I am all-in, with $500 bonus and early responder bonus, and fully aware I will lose my $1000 if I back out. I do have until 65,000 reservations to make up my mind. Have had some weather-related financial setbacks recently, and am beginning to wonder , with retirement income what it is, whether I will be able to pay for the Elio when my number is up. Only time will tell.

If you can swing it I would stay in line for the Elio otherwise you're going to wonder "what if". If you find you don't like it or can't afford it I am sure you won't have a problem selling to somebody who did not reserve for first-year purchase!

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Frosty,
I do believe that EM will have a many different payment plans, if you get the basic Elio, like I am going to get, with the discounts that we have, is should be way under any new car you could ever find... and you can always upgrade later or as you go... you have already invested almost 20% of the cost... already...

Just hang in there.... like we all have to do.... we all hate waiting on the DOE... But this will happen....

The Elio Nation is starting soon and you and all of us are a big part of it.... this is where it start...

Or you could wait and get it, to sell it right away... some people have said they may do that... I am sure someone out there would be willing to pay more to get a low number Elio without waiting in line....

Proud to Be... member #2225Z of the Elio Nation... see ya on the road...

Top Bottom