• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Fluff

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Ekh has been here a month and TOBASH for 2 weeks and already you both are throwing in the towel. Oh ye of little faith! I'm sure there are other vehicles out there that will suit you better. However I promise you will pay more for less. I can and will wait for my Elio! And in the process I will enjoy and celebrate every piece of information they choose to share with us. To my knowledge no other vehicle manufacturer has shared any information in my life time. Viva Elio! :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All fluff... Any vehicle design requires a year or two of driving and shaking out in a testing phase. That is how things like faulty welding, faulty wiring and suspension failures and noise issues are discovered... If there are only one or two 4'th gens and no 5'th gens built, then I'm beginning to not trust the press releases. No built 5'th gens mean no actual testing in real World environments.

Just to build an engine, Harley Davidson spent YEARS designing, testing, and retesting.

No engine, no prototype, no date to start production...

I'm sure I will get flamed, but so what? With no product and not even an engine to place inside it, I feel no heartbeat in this company. No way third quarter of 2015 is realistic.

I initially was optimistic and excited. Now, reality is setting in. If they prove me wrong, awesome.

Best,

T
And just how long have your been considering an Elio?

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try to put a positive spin on the "fluff" and same old recycled stuff comments.

Elio is experiencing a huge volume of growth with regard to the number of new people that are just now learning of the elio. Although it is redundant to those of us that have been following elio for awhile I am certain that republishing some of this information is actually intended for those new folks. It gets them up to speed without them having to dig back through numerous other postings. I don't know about you folks but as a newcomer I need to be hooked before I'll invest the effort to dig that deep. By republishing information elio is setting the hook.

I hadn't thought of it that way, that's some good spin.

I just wish they would actually be a little technical with their tech talks. I prefer the press releases where they show a half baked casting of the engine block. Some grinder sparks flying off the frame of the P5 would be nice to.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to try to put a positive spin on the "fluff" and same old recycled stuff comments.
... By republishing information elio is setting the hook.
Perhaps, they could also include 'one paragraph' of PROGRESS.... to keep those of us that have already 'swallowed the hook'..... from spitting it out!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio is experiencing a huge volume of growth with regard to the number of new people that are just now learning of the elio. Although it is redundant to those of us that have been following elio for awhile I am certain that republishing some of this information is actually intended for those new folks. It gets them up to speed without them having to dig back through numerous other postings. I don't know about you folks but as a newcomer I need to be hooked before I'll invest the effort to dig that deep. By republishing information elio is setting the hook.
Definitely nothing wrong with that. It's hard enough to earn money, it's even harder just to give it away.

Top Bottom