• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Parking

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be registered as a motorcycle however you won't need a MC license to drive it - I'll stick to regular spaces with mine- once I run out of gas.
Depends on the state and if they get state legislatures to go along with allowing people not to need a M/C endorsement.....the jury is still out on that......we can hope, but since when do the political powers do the sensible thing?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a BIKER, IF I came to work and found an Elio in the MC parking spot I'm pretty sure it would piss me off :mad:

As CompTrex stated: Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD !!!
I think it will become accepted etiquette that if you don't block the other Elio, you can park in the same space. In particular I'm thinking of those single row spaces where there are two ways to pull in. That would kind of piss off regular drivers through jealousy, because each parked Elio reserves a space for another, perpetually keeping the space for Elios. Just saying! :-)

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
As a BIKER, IF I came to work and found an Elio in the MC parking spot I'm pretty sure it would piss me off :mad:

As CompTrex stated: Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD !!!
Touché. The same can be said about motorcycle riders that take up an entire car space. I hate seeing that at my place of work, especially when there is designated motorcycle parking (and no one parks in there - which means I'll park my Elio in that spot). By the way, I ride, too - just not very often. It's great to own a motorcycle, but sometimes it's more of a hassle during the work commute, especially when I need to bring stuff to work, or pick up something on the way home.

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am one person that owns a bike a car and a truck. I use one spot to park in...does not matter the vehicle im in or on.

I dont do the motorcycle only spots at work. They seem to favor a certain department...I think the guys there knew somebody.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan to use the MC spaces all winter. The bikers wont mind.
OH! speaking of which, another edicate (etiquette) issue. I may consider this as a bumper sticker "Motorcycle Parking Buddies are welcome"
MC's and Elios could maybe share some regular parking spots, if we park correctly for it. If we leave enough room for them, they may do that for us. Well, K it will at least get us some biker tolerance on the roads. :-)

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem is that there are more "HORSE'S REAR ENDS" on the roads today!
I know what you're saying. But since you have extended this thread, I will mention that autos are noted for their impact on overall air pollution. Urban smog problems are legendary in Tokyo and Los Angeles. When the automobile was first developed, it was looked at as salvation from the urban solid waste pollution of horse drawn carriages. If I recall correctly, it was something like 50 pounds per day per horse. I thank goodness that the only horse's rear ends I see now are behind a wheel, or holding on to handlebars.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OH! speaking of which, another edicate (etiquette) issue. I may consider this as a bumper sticker "Motorcycle Parking Buddies are welcome"
MC's and Elios could maybe share some regular parking spots, if we park correctly for it. If we leave enough room for them, they may do that for us. Well, K it will at least get us some biker tolerance on the roads. :)

The problem would be backing out, the Elio is as wide as a regular car. This would make it hard to share a space or to fit into a MC parking spot.
I for one would never do it as it is an auto cycle not a motorcycle. Unless of course your state makes you get a motor cycle license.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was out shopping today and walked out to my car. I happen to notice a Can Am Spyder parked in the motorcycle parking spot. Nothing wrong with that, but it made me think that one of the benefits of the Elio being classified as a motorcycle would allow upfront parking in most lots in one of the motorcyle slots....hope this was not already a dead horse beaten but I thought it would be a cool thought to share. Thoughts??

-ElioTony
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqvpIcs34-psvGKlum-W7g7142soCDLEtIWc24gISYVWaZ-ngm.jpg

/www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+parking&rlz=1C1VSNC_enUS582US582&espv=2&biw=933&bih=639&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YeUpVJW5NIihyASqq4CgBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Top Bottom