• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing it. I also have no complaints about the extra power either. Around here it’s very useful for merging with traffic and getting out of peoples way. My current car has half decent pickup and it has been helpful to know that when I punch it, there will be movement and not just noise.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that was the experience I had in the Solo. Well and some short-term fun when I got cheers from other drivers after I put both hands out the nearest windows. Did they know I was knee-driving? The only draw-back to the experience was that panel drumming from flat sheet in the chassis.

I've had low hum fatique a couple times, at a long time stretch(12 and 30 hours), so I don't like that it would infect any long distance travel in the Solo. Fortunately (or not) the range limit might cut that effect down a bit. Low hum fatigue makes you feel like you are 80 when you are in your 20's.
I can hardly imagine what that feels like at my age now!

Yep, that was the experience I had in the Solo. Well and some short-term fun when I got cheers from other drivers after I put both hands out the nearest windows. Did they know I was knee-driving? The only draw-back to the experience was that panel drumming from flat sheet in the chassis.

I've had low hum fatique a couple times, at a long time stretch(12 and 30 hours), so I don't like that it would infect any long distance travel in the Solo. Fortunately (or not) the range limit might cut that effect down a bit. Low hum fatigue makes you feel like you are 80 when you are in your 20's.
I can hardly imagine what that feels like at my age now!
I enjoyed your personal review of the SOLO. I think it would've warmed up better with people if it had 2 seats and might even overlook the measly less-than-100 mile range or space for groceries/luggage. But it is what it is.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I enjoyed your personal review of the SOLO. I think it would've warmed up better with people if it had 2 seats and might even overlook the measly less-than-100 mile range or space for groceries/luggage. But it is what it is.
I agree. The SOLO Twinn rendering left on their drawing board,would have been a better choice production model and expanded sales, assuming they are currently in production, selling, and delivering SOLOs. The 100 mile range seems practical for a City Commuter, best if it had fast charging capability. A long range option would be possible down the road. I doubt a three wheeler would be driven by many on long haul destinations, but rather serves as a supplement to the more comfortable/cargo storage family vehicle. Even Elio was marketed as an “&“ vehicle.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. The SOLO Twinn rendering left on their drawing board,would have been a better choice production model and expanded sales, assuming they are currently in production, selling, and delivering SOLOs. The 100 mile range seems practical for a City Commuter, best if it had fast charging capability. A long range option would be possible down the road. I doubt a three wheeler would be driven by many on long haul destinations, but rather serves as a supplement to the more comfortable/cargo storage family vehicle. Even Elio was marketed as an “&“ vehicle.
I beg to differ! There's lots of riders in their "touring" bikes with hardly any protection from the elements on long haul destinations and I intend to use BEX TOURING 3WHEELER with car comforts across America's highways and byways. :yo::usa2: I just have to opt for a beefier suspensions from Mark.:becky:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I doubt a three wheeler would be driven by many on long haul destinations"

Like I had hoped to do with the Elio, I plan on some long distance trips with my BEX. Hopefully my wife will tag along, but if not... maybe she'll be home when I return. ;) I used to ride bikes on some fairly long journeys. The BEX will be even easier to travel.... air-conditioned, enclosed to keep out the elements, heater for the high mountains – or winter trips.... etc, etc.

I'll be towing a small bike luggage trailer. It'll hold enough baggage for two people to travel with on some coast to coast trips. There's a lot of country that I didn't see while on my bikes. I need to make up lost time – before I run out of time.

Rain, sleet or snow ain't much fun on a bike. The elements won't phase me in a BEX. I won't have to find an overpass to wait for the rain storm to move through.

The centered seat driving position will be almost as enjoyable as riding a bike.... and much safer these days with the idiots driving with cell phones in hand! ;)

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I had hoped to do with the Elio, I plan on some long distance trips with my BEX.
Similar to you, my girlfriend and I plan on utilizing the BEX for long distance trips across the US. We are retired & have a long "bucket list" of places to visit. We've learned to travel light and don't need much storage.

All my girlfriend needs is A/C and a place to plug in her phone. Once I run a wire to the back seat (for her phone) she'll make that her happy place and all will be right with the world.

I need to make up lost time – before I run out of time.
Same here... the pandemic (along with some health issues) clipped our wings for a bit, but we've started to go on trips and adventures further away from home.

Perhaps once we receive our BEX(s) we can start a thread with pictures of our vehicles next to various sites and attractions.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a surprising number of people with similar intentions, why a towing hitch became a must have, not just for a small trailer, but also had calls to be hitched to an RV.
couldn't agree more .... we are camped this weekend with our club .... over time I've kept several of our members informed about the development of Mark's BEX ..... towing a BEX instead of a Jeep or other such vehicle behind a motorhome that gets 6 - 10 mpg has to help .... with the major rise in fuel prices, I believe there will be a major demand

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I doubt a three wheeler would be driven by many on long haul destinations"

Like I had hoped to do with the Elio, I plan on some long distance trips with my BEX. Hopefully my wife will tag along, but if not... maybe she'll be home when I return. ;) I used to ride bikes on some fairly long journeys. The BEX will be even easier to travel.... air-conditioned, enclosed to keep out the elements, heater for the high mountains – or winter trips.... etc, etc.

I'll be towing a small bike luggage trailer. It'll hold enough baggage for two people to travel with on some coast to coast trips. There's a lot of country that I didn't see while on my bikes. I need to make up lost time – before I run out of time.

Rain, sleet or snow ain't much fun on a bike. The elements won't phase me in a BEX. I won't have to find an overpass to wait for the rain storm to move through.

The centered seat driving position will be almost as enjoyable as riding a bike.... and much safer these days with the idiots driving with cell phones in hand! ;)
Talk about a kindred spirit! Sounds like something I could have wrote.

Top Bottom