• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if "Made in China" will rule me out.

I might suggest you read the very first post ....

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You say you have a release date of 2023 and you have taken no reservations. I say it takes 6 as using my other two examples. Here we sit.

It's amusing some days to have people tell me what my production, business and financing plans are, and one of the joys of not having taken any reservations or deposits from anybody, is the freedom it allows me for my production, business and financing plans :-)

6 years? There's more than one way to skin a cat*.

*This post was overseen by The Royal Society Of The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals, and confirm no actual cats were skinned in the making of this post.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
their size would rule me out ..... are they the "Potential Production Partner" you were considering ?

Yes, their lies were quite impressive, even included pictures of machinery in surrounding factories that they claimed to be theirs, and the purpose of the trip was to ascertain the reality, which it did.

I had other business reasons for the trip, and actually got some ideas from the visit to them, so not a loss, was too hot to work in the factory last week anyway, so the timing was fine.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if "Made in China" will rule me out.
I think it was a couple or three years ago, someone asked the question "Would you buy an Elio, if it were made in China." I made my mind up in about a snap of fingers. I said hell no to buying a car from China.

Then Mark comes along. A tall fella that sounds a little funny to this Southerner. ;)

After months of watching his work, it's quite obvious – Mark may or may not know much... but he does know how a car works and HOW to build one. I'm convinced, he'll only design and build it right. I don't think he'll settle for anything less than the best he can do. He's my kind of guy. No promises... no B.S. As long as Mark is designing, engineering and overseeing the thing – I don't care if he makes 'em in China, Australia, US or Mars.

There's no way, Mark is going to let an inferior product go out his shop. He's just not that kind of guy.

When he says he's completed his work, and is happy with it – I'll buy one without a test drive or ride. I'll travel anywhere in the US to pick it up. Heck, I might even travel to China to get one!

(Disclaimer: This is a paid endorsement.)

Just kidding! ;)

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it was a couple or three years ago, someone asked the question "Would you buy an Elio, if it were made in China." I made my mind up in about a snap of fingers. I said hell no to buying a car from China.

Then Mark comes along. A tall fella that sounds a little funny to this Southerner. ;)

After months of watching his work, it's quite obvious – Mark may or may not know much... but he does know how a car works and HOW to build one. I'm convinced, he'll only design and build it right. I don't think he'll settle for anything less than the best he can do. He's my kind of guy. No promises... no B.S. As long as Mark is designing, engineering and overseeing the thing – I don't care if he makes 'em in China, Australia, US or Mars.

There's no way, Mark is going to let an inferior product go out his shop. He's just not that kind of guy.

When he says he's completed his work, and is happy with it – I'll buy one without a test drive or ride. I'll travel anywhere in the US to pick it up. Heck, I might even travel to China to get one!

(Disclaimer: This is a paid endorsement.)

Just kidding!;)
Mark may have control at this stage, but if it goes into mass production he can't build each one himself. My experience with products from China is that they build things to the lowest quality standard they can get away with. If it works good enough to sell, whether it lasts is not important.

Last edited:
Top Bottom