• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the Prez is confident in your ability to get it up and running and wants to protect the investment in time and money in the process. Accidents happen to the best of fork lift operators. :)
It seems that most of our "accidents" happen on third shift. (We don't have a third shift!) Come in on first and nobody knows a thing. We only have about thirty employees and this is a 100% employee owned company.

But back to the BEX. It's starting to shape up. Putting the body together will be fun to watch.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not the best picture sorry, but the B pillar is about perfect, bit of a hassle, but worth the end result, and production slated.

The plate with the big holes is just an alignment jig to square it all up.

1663237521383.png

That's 'A' and 'B' pillars set in stone, now onto 'C' ...

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not the best picture sorry, but the B pillar is about perfect, bit of a hassle, but worth the end result, and production slated.

The plate with the big holes is just an alignment jig to square it all up.

View attachment 26013

That's 'A' and 'B' pillars set in stone, now onto 'C' ...
On the contrary, you've showed us the best angle shot and it fits like a glove! Well done.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the contrary, you've showed us the best angle shot and it fits like a glove! Well done.

I have put extra effort into it's positioning to make the rear open feel as open as possible with good forward vision.

Last thing wanted is a rear seat area that feels like climbing into a sarcophagus.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have put extra effort into it's positioning to make the rear open feel as open as possible with good forward vision.

Last thing wanted is a rear seat area that feels like climbing into a sarcophagus.
This and the passenger having their own door is great. Climbing over a seat is fairly easy for a kid or younger adult. Not so easy for old timers. I remember having to work a bit to climb into the back seat of the orange Elio. While I was "ok" in the back seat... any additional room and forward vision you can have over their design – will be a HUGE win. The extra seating space along with the rear door will make passengers (my wife) very happy!

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This and the passenger having their own door is great. Climbing over a seat is fairly easy for a kid or younger adult. Not so easy for old timers. I remember having to work a bit to climb into the back seat of the orange Elio. While I was "ok" in the back seat... any additional room and forward vision you can have over their design – will be a HUGE win. The extra seating space along with the rear door will make passengers (my wife) very happy!
So you actually think that your Wife is going to let you have the front seat?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to do the rollbars, but that entails sealing down the dash panel making access to the footwell a little awkward, so instead today I finished mounting the steering rack proper.

I laser cut and folded some new mounts, and welded them for the left side of the rack mount, you can see it's locked down with 4 bolts now rather than 2,
... and I laser'd and folded a strengthening plate on the outside of the firewall. Simply a flat plate with 2 x 90 degree folds for strength.

Bit hard to see in the pictures as I painted it all to protect the large mating surfaces from rust, so the CAD drawings are included to explain it.

1663339002390.png

So you actually think that your Wife is going to let you have the front seat?

Hey, he's the Boss in his house.

- his wife allows it, but it's on a daily basis, sometimes hourly.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy wife, happy life! :clap2:

Top Bottom