• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Moving along, lots of welding today, B-Pillars are on, and so are the rear main chassis rails.

Some of my welds aren't too bad, but I'm not going to show all of them, ha! Don't worry, I will never be 'the welder' on production.

Again the CAD computer was wrong Vs real life, the B-Pillars were 16mm or 5/8ths" out, but it's not a problem because I know why, and my real life template, see picture yesterday, did the job of placing them where they belong.

View attachment 25998

Obviously rollcage is next big item.
Give yourself a pat on the back....seamless work you did there.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Main effort today was to design the upper B-pillar crossmember/rollbar in the morning, then to the factory after lunch to add the parts to mount the lower control arms, see the 'red parts' in the CAD drawing, hard to see the real ones.

Front suspension 1.jpg

The rear mounts feed the loads into the main rails and A-pillar, and later you will see the front mounts feeding into the firewall and engine rails.

Mounted the front fuel tank crossmember as well, pictured with my now world famous fridge, microwave and water drink machine (has cold and boiling water).

fuel tank 1.jpg

Public holiday again, laser shop was closed, so I couldn't make a start on the rollcage.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While doing the roll bars today, I noticed an issue that requires new B pillars, annoying but I know clearly why, and it's modifications on the existing design, not a re-design.

So a few hours on the computer, and have the laser file ready to go for the morning.

The side is on the frame to line the roll bars up, and the silhouette of the car is always pleasant and encouraging

1662996523330.png

Top Bottom