• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wouldn't it be great to find one currently in production that will work .. :cool:

Always on the lookout for possibilities, but sometimes it gets to a point that you have to make 'X' amount of modifications to it, or modify surrounding attachments so much, that it is easier just to make one from scratch.

-----------

Due to Member's concerns of me using the word "cheap" and having a possible connotation of being cheaply made, I have replaced that text in my post above with "attractive to Scottish people pricewise".

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Always on the lookout for possibilities, but sometimes it gets to a point that you have to make 'X' amount of modifications to it, or modify surrounding attachments so much, that it is easier just to make one from scratch.

absolutely .... the good news is, you have the ability/knowledge to look at a part and quickly figure out if a mod will work or you need to come up with a new design

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Money is in the bank waiting for a standard shift model. I almost went out and bought a Honda Fit this weekend, then remembered why im saving my money...

When looking at this project and seeing the trauma that many have suffered, it's clear that asking for deposits would bring fear into those already affected by the Elio, it's a 'no go', and I promised I would not do that.

I might be in the future asking for a minor sum, say $100 in Escrow (I think that's the smallest amount they deal with), which if you don't know Escrow, is a holding Company that you can get your money back at any time, not a cent comes to me. I think you lose $1(?) for the service. There would be absolutely no contractual obligations tied to it.

The reason to do that is purely to verify a base number of genuinely interested people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine some folks might be skittish – but it would make perfect sense to show intentions/support by placing a small, refundable amount into escrow. I'll gladly do it.

I can understand people being "skittish" after losing $100 to $2000, Elio didn't just ask for a deposit, he made some of you feel like you were investing in yourselves, just one of many similar out there. Choose your own words there, from "scam", to "failed development", it doesn't matter what you call it, it doesn't change the result: No product, investors out of pocket.

I don't have those sweet mouth skillz, the only reason I am considering Escrow, that is harmless to you, is to show real numbers to both myself and my production partner before we put very large sums of our own money in against your completely refundable $100.

With my project:
Do you see any expensive 3D CAD renders?
High level production videos on Youtube telling you how "you will change the World"?
Asking to invest in stocks?
Advertisements at a sunny beach with bikini girls in the background throwing a beach ball?*

or ...

Do you see someone daily actually developing a real car?

Maybe this escrow or similar is simply to early to mention, forget it for the moment, relax and enjoy the ride ... and with my own money, out of my own pocket :-)

* Ok, ok, I might have girls in bikinis later :D:D:cool::cool:

Top Bottom