• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry a bit quiet everybody, my back is slower to recover than what I had hoped for. I should not have worked last Sunday, as it made it worse. But, genuinely nearly there now, I just had to do absolutely nothing for a couple of days.

as one who has to be careful when my back is concerned, I figured that was most probably the case .... I learned the hard way that rushing back can end up costing much more time .... good to hear you are on the mend

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as one who has to be careful when my back is concerned, I figured that was most probably the case .... I learned the hard way that rushing back can end up costing much more time .... good to hear you are on the mend

It's very clear that it's only a torn gluteal muscle or tendon, which is good, relative, because it will repair in days, unlike a disc or nerve issue that can be permanent for some.

JEBar

Staff member
Reaction score
It's very clear that it's only a torn gluteal muscle or tendon, which is good, relative, because it will repair in days, unlike a disc or nerve issue that can be permanent for some.

thankfully, all of mine (so far) has been muscle ..... no disc or other bone issues .... pain is pain and it sure can hurt

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My fast track out of that kind of back pain was the superman. Well I call it that. Don't do this until it is at least a little tolerable, but yes as soon as possible.
Once or twice a day, Lay on the bed like superman. Lift your toes and your arms and head up. Keep breathing. Count to 6, or until you feel any hint of a charley horse (muscle spasm), or pulling pain, which ever is first. Relax and breath heavily for 10 seconds or until you feel muscles have fully released, which ever is longest. Do this set three times. If you feel heat in that area, you have done it well. Afterward, try (not forcefully) to touch toes to stretch it out.(maybe stretch before the exercise too, if you can)

The extra blood flow is good for tendon issues. The pumping of the muscle helps in that way too, but also it forces a release of fluids in lymphatic's and other bio/chemical congestions associated to this kind of damage.

This is not like 'position holding', which, when done for too long a length of time, tends to tighten congestion conditions. (congestion in this post is a generalization of a number of conditions, just keeping it simple)

Only massage, DMSO, hot and cold treatment can have some similar effects. But they aren't fully a replacement for use of the muscles.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm playing around with a CAD model to try and estimate the end game for this prototype.
I could not get the same model to start with, so I used something somewhat similar. I'm guessing at the position of things, but below is what I have so far.
I would like to know how the rear will be finished out, unless it is something very similar to the original posted sketch. I'll try that skirt next.
Admittedly, I should probably repeat this exercise with a 2-door. For only 2 hours of play time, it's not bad up to now.
CarModel5.png

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not 100% sure myself, I consider the structure and mechanical foundations more important at this time.
Cool!, While you are doing the fundamental foundation work, I will play with the rear skirt. That way you will have visuals on options when you get to that point.

I will make an observation. Since a heavy rear bumper is not an absolute, and having a trunk area far at the rear is not advisable, I will move the rear wheel backward within that body envelope. Maybe 6 inches or something. However, in my cad sampler, I will try to keep some sort of volume for possible structure supporting a small bumper.

Your posted image is probably about right, or very close to it.

Last time I tried this exercise was with a severely truncated Cobalt
Cobalt80.png

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This guy beat you to it ..
For real ?!, too funny! Actually that's a Staturn2 yes?
( Oh boy,, that guy has a death wish. ) I guess it is supposed to do a power lean, or a balance lean. Either way fair weather driving only. So no need for a windshield.. lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom