• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did what I do best today, took all her clothes off.

I need to access various areas of the frame to finish the welding, but also importantly I need to access the rear to start attaching the rear swing-arm, hopefully start on both tomorrow.

frame 3.jpg

frame 2.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did what I do best today, took all her clothes off.

I need to access various areas of the frame to finish the welding, but also importantly I need to access the rear to start attaching the rear swing-arm, hopefully start on both tomorrow.

View attachment 24932

View attachment 24931
Well, she's a beauty in the nude too Mark! :becky:
car.jpg

I actually dreamed of someday driving a car with see-through plexiglass skins....now that'll be an eye-opener.....literally.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To me I feel car art is a comparative study. So I wanted to try some more chops of different models, especially coupes.
So I did a chop of a 2009 Toyota Corolla (still a 4 door). I'm supposing the engine will fit in there, but I have no idea.
In this case something would have to be done about the loss of radiator air flow. A little alternative art word could be applied here.
Even so I think it is a good thing to see how these differences entertain our perceptions. Of course in real life the effect may be different, but the comparative process can still be indicative when compared to styles we already know well.
Enjoy...(below).. link to the CAD file.
I will likely do some more. Any suggestions for what to look at next?, a 2 door coupe this time?
ToyotaCorolla2009.jpg

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will likely do some more. Any suggestions for what to look at next?, a 2 door coupe this time?

thanks for all your work .... I'd like to see a 2 door (driver left front/passenger right rear) like Mark is considering for his trike

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for all your work .... I'd like to see a 2 door (driver left front/passenger right rear) like Mark is considering for his trike

the magic of paint shop pro ..

magic.jpg

Oh and today I did a bunch of welding on the frame, but i am not satisfied with the rear swingarm bushes, well that's not quite true, the bushes are great, but I need to double up on them to facilitate mounting them better to the chassis.

Top Bottom