• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finished the basic swingarm today, a few minor dimensional modifications are needed, but not to the basic design itself. I'll add a triangulation later, first make sure everything is going to clear everything.

One side is prettier than the other side, so I'll show that side ...

Swingarm 7.jpg

Was a bit of effort to clean the old brackets off the old rear suspension tube, I hope the manufacturer will sell me the tubes raw, if not, I will have to find an alternate tube to weld to the stub axle, just way too much time, noise and cost in cleaning the old brackets off.

I also mucked up something in the height, the 4 holes I lasered were way too low, circled in red below, so I had to hand drill 4 new ones, but that's cool, makes the brackets shorter, stronger and cheaper.

I am so used to laser cutting everything now, it was a shock to drill them by hand, along with grinding off the brackets, it was almost like work!

Swingarm 8.jpg

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amazing work you're doing! For the record, a manual transmissioin is fine with me! I'm old enough now that I've bought my "retirement truck". Due to what's available, it's the first automatic transmission vehicle, of any kind, that I've bought strictly for myself.. I will gladly put up with "knee crackle" to row one of your master pieces down the road!!

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about Australian or Chinese cars, but I'm wondering if the foot pedals are arranged the same as in the U.S. The gas is the right foot, brake is left.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about Australian or Chinese cars, but I'm wondering if the foot pedals are arranged the same as in the U.S. The gas is the right foot, brake is left.

Same all over the World.

You have to go back quite some time to find some cars that had the throttle in the middle and brake pedal on the right, clutch on the left.

Top Bottom