• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got back on Friday from the Shanghai show, and every surrounding family member is incapacitated in some way, from car accident to Covid (phase 2 starting), so spent the weekend chasing after them.

... and so I got sick too, anyways, thought it was Covid the way it knocked me off my feet late Sunday and Monday, 2 x tests say no, and almost normal again today, so just caught a 48 hour bug of some sort.

So finally finished off the firewall box design, all files have been sent to the laser shop, hopefully metal sheet will be delivered in the morning, and I'll have it all in my hands in the afternoon to run it over to the fold shop.

1685457381265.png

If that's not enough to excite you, here's "Captain Melon!", fighter of evil and injustice, but mostly rescues cats stuck in trees .....

1685457397261.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
will you do the casting from the mold .... ?

It's called laying up or layups, and yes, I will likely assist as I quite enjoy fiberglassing, I have made many of my own one off molds and parts over the years.

I seem to be unaffacted by the smell or the itching that so many complain about.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Into the final stages of the mold, just about finished.

Setting up the pedals, and I did change their orientation slightly.

I also had to cut a corner off the chocolate bar directly above the brake pedal assembly for bolt clearance, the corner the red arrow is pointing too, but not yet removed in this earlier picture.

1685969920990.png

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Into the final stages of the mold, just about finished.

Setting up the pedals, and I did change their orientation slightly.

I also had to cut a corner off the chocolate bar directly above the brake pedal assembly for bolt clearance, the corner the red arrow is pointing too, but not yet removed in this earlier picture.

View attachment 26591

1686056903594.png

Top Bottom