• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Anti Elio Facebook Group

jquesnell

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well...I am still keeping the faith. Agreed, deadlines have been missed. I have been with manufacturing companies for over 25 years. This is not a small endeavor ...and Paul is not the only one steering the ship. What he wants...and what the reality is are two different things to get there. When the engine prototype castings were released only a few months ago...felt it was highly optimistic that they would be in full production at the initial estimated schedule. One of the companies I worked for was an engine manufacturer. It was not uncommon for them to power cycle even minor changes to existing products for months before putting into consumer production...completely new products had a substantially longer timeline before going into new production. Once something like this has been tested to its limits...you then have engineering analysis to go thru. Hopefully everything goes as engineered on the first go round...with only minor tweaks required.

Even though there are many off the shelf components on this product...there are also significant unique products associated. It would be interesting to know how close to final tooling they are on things like body panels and other items unique to the product. New tools don't always preform as designed the first time.

...I really want my Elio too...but want it to preform as envisioned.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between "griping" and "destructive behavior". Many of us on this forum have griped and complained about delays, lack of information, etc., but I haven't seen posts actually exhibiting wishes for Elio Motors to fail.
We gripe and complain because we WANT EM to succeed, we WANT one of those hot-looking little autocycles in the driveway, we WANT to see what it is like cruising down a crooked highway in something we have never experienced before.
I started a new business a couple of years ago, when I was 69 years old without a clue that it would succeed. It is doing OK. Paul Elio et al have been riding this train since 2008, still unsure where financing will come from, doing their best to step-by-step bring a vision to reality.
Like most of you, I will wait, impatiently, for E-Day. I am personally doing all I can to promote the Elio, as I am sure most of you are.
I seem to remember that when I made my reservation there were no guarantees, no contract, and no refund. There was one promise- a t-shirt, and it came through! If a person sends money under those conditions, knowingly, the only person to point a finger at is in the mirror.
There will always naysayers and doubters, too impatient to wait, attempting to cast shadows in the sunshine. The Elio will help many Americans who live in relative poverty have an affordable, gas-sipping vehicle to get from here to there. And will most certainly make driving more fun.
Viva Elio!!!!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you not at least hold ELIO accountable for the problem of Kathy. They provide fuel for her by their own in action. Once again I will bring up FEB 6th.
here we are March 6th.
I did not invest $1000 it was a donation to a cause. Again I am not the enemy. But I do live in a real business world and deal with large projects with huge budgets and ELIO's business model would never even be allowed in the room.
I feel to many fail to see how big a deal it really was not to live up the FEB 6th.

Do I not at least hold ELIO accountable for the problem of Kathy?
No! Unambiguously NO!
We are each responsible for our own actions.
No excuses!
If you put up $1000 and lose it because something didn't happen it is your responsibility.
You didn't read the fine print? Your problem, not mine, not Paul Elios. Yours.
As they say............ "Suck it up Buttercup!"

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't like when people post links to negativity like this and other sites. It's one thing to post your opinion or disappointment with more delays, it's another thing to help spread nonsense from people who obviously didn't read or didn't understand what they were agreeing too. We need to stop supporting this nonsense by posting it on this blog.

It is a bit of a gamble, so if you put more on the table than you were willing to loose you can only blame yourself! Walking away from the table before all the cards are dealt is also not to smart. Following the person walking away from the table who left before the cards were dealt is just plain dumb!

Stop following the rabbit into the hole!!!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between "griping" and "destructive behavior". Many of us on this forum have griped and complained about delays, lack of information, etc., but I haven't seen posts actually exhibiting wishes for Elio Motors to fail.
We gripe and complain because we WANT EM to succeed, we WANT one of those hot-looking little autocycles in the driveway, we WANT to see what it is like cruising down a crooked highway in something we have never experienced before.
I started a new business a couple of years ago, when I was 69 years old without a clue that it would succeed. It is doing OK. Paul Elio et al have been riding this train since 2008, still unsure where financing will come from, doing their best to step-by-step bring a vision to reality.
Like most of you, I will wait, impatiently, for E-Day. I am personally doing all I can to promote the Elio, as I am sure most of you are.
I seem to remember that when I made my reservation there were no guarantees, no contract, and no refund. There was one promise- a t-shirt, and it came through! If a person sends money under those conditions, knowingly, the only person to point a finger at is in the mirror.
There will always naysayers and doubters, too impatient to wait, attempting to cast shadows in the sunshine. The Elio will help many Americans who live in relative poverty have an affordable, gas-sipping vehicle to get from here to there. And will most certainly make driving more fun.
Viva Elio!!!!
It's more like Viva Las Vegas! :D I'm only kidding of course! But the reality is not everybody "going in" knows it's a gamble, it's risky, w/ no promises of our priced Elio and yes, it's totally their fault. But EM's promise of $6,800 and awesome 84 mpg is so tempting that people jump on the opportunity on pure impulse and emotion. "Where on earth can you find a deal like that?" they'll say! If you go to Las Vegas "thinking" you will win, then you're in for a disappointment because the odds is never in your favor. Kathy Vincent for all I know fell for this promises and overtime got disappointed for the delays and started to find faults on EM. I posted a while back that it would have been better if EM included "PRICE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE" just under the $6,800.00 and 84mpg ad! At least it's there for people to see and read before making their decision to send money in. But, here we are, no funding and no Elio and poor Kathy Vincent was left wondering where's my ELIO?.One can put blinders on and pretend everything is fine, to just seat, watch and wait, and there are those that want to speak up for why things are going wrong and lets not forget the "defenders" who'll jump at every attempt by a negative poster! EM and the ELIO a scam? No way, not even close. I still firmly believe that with ATVM's approval whenever that maybe, our dream will be closer to reality! ;)

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Viva Elio!!!!
"will most certainly make driving more fun." AND CHEAPER!

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's more like Viva Las Vegas! :D I'm only kidding of course! But the reality is not everybody "going in" knows it's a gamble, it's risky, w/ no promises of our priced Elio and yes, it's totally their fault. But EM's promise of $6,800 and awesome 84 mpg is so tempting that people jump on the opportunity on pure impulse and emotion. "Where on earth can you find a deal like that?" they'll say! If you go to Las Vegas "thinking" you will win, then you're in for a disappointment because the odds is never in your favor. Kathy Vincent for all I know fell for this promises and overtime got disappointed for the delays and started to find faults on EM. I posted a while back that it would have been better if EM included "PRICE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE" just under the $6,800.00 and 84mpg ad! At least it's there for people to see and read before making their decision to send money in. But, here we are, no funding and no Elio and poor Kathy Vincent was left wondering where's my ELIO?.One can put blinders on and pretend everything is fine, to just seat, watch and wait, and there are those that want to speak up for why things are going wrong and lets not forget the "defenders" who'll jump at every attempt by a negative poster! EM and the ELIO a scam? No way, not even close. I still firmly believe that with ATVM's approval whenever that maybe, our dream will be closer to reality! ;)
I'm thinking instead of "PRICE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE," maybe "Target Price" would give enough notice that things aren't "carved in stone..."

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Save yourself the trouble of checking it out. One of the first things I saw was something like "The cost of the Elio will be above $19,000 and they are lying if they say otherwise." Now, a well equipped Ford Fiesta runs from $13,965.... and... wow. I can't even make pretend math make THAT make sense.

So, do yourself a favor, ignore the hate.

The opposite of Love is NOT hate. Hate and love are strong emotions... in both cases, you feel passionate about something. Indifference is the opposite of both Love AND Hate. Indifference is the lack of passion... Think about it.

Top Bottom