• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Anti Elio Facebook Group

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't like when people post links to negativity like this and other sites. It's one thing to post your opinion or disappointment with more delays, it's another thing to help spread nonsense from people who obviously didn't read or didn't understand what they were agreeing too. We need to stop supporting this nonsense by posting it on this blog.

It is a bit of a gamble, so if you put more on the table than you were willing to loose you can only blame yourself! Walking away from the table before all the cards are dealt is also not to smart. Following the person walking away from the table who left before the cards were dealt is just plain dumb!

Stop following the rabbit into the hole!!!
I didn't post it here to "follow the rabbit into the hole" but to be aware of what's going on out there concerning Elio and the detractors. She sent me the link and I didn't know the Facebook page existed until she did that. There is plenty of negative posted here too but I find this group the be the one with the most veracity. I am a complete Elio believer but I do know it's a risk... Go ELIO!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's more like Viva Las Vegas! :D I'm only kidding of course! But the reality is not everybody "going in" knows it's a gamble, it's risky, w/ no promises of our priced Elio and yes, it's totally their fault. But EM's promise of $6,800 and awesome 84 mpg is so tempting that people jump on the opportunity on pure impulse and emotion. "Where on earth can you find a deal like that?" they'll say! If you go to Las Vegas "thinking" you will win, then you're in for a disappointment because the odds is never in your favor. Kathy Vincent for all I know fell for this promises and overtime got disappointed for the delays and started to find faults on EM. I posted a while back that it would have been better if EM included "PRICE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE" just under the $6,800.00 and 84mpg ad! At least it's there for people to see and read before making their decision to send money in. But, here we are, no funding and no Elio and poor Kathy Vincent was left wondering where's my ELIO?.One can put blinders on and pretend everything is fine, to just seat, watch and wait, and there are those that want to speak up for why things are going wrong and lets not forget the "defenders" who'll jump at every attempt by a negative poster! EM and the ELIO a scam? No way, not even close. I still firmly believe that with ATVM's approval whenever that maybe, our dream will be closer to reality! ;)

You had me until you said ......."poor Kathy Vincent was left wondering where's my ELIO?".......
We are each responsible for our own actions.
If someone is to stupid to read a contract (or disclaimer) before they sign, it's their fault, not mine and I have no sympathy for them.
Will Elio be successful? I sure hope so!
If not, I'm out some money.
But, I was always brought up to understand that if you can't afford to lose it, you shouldn't make the bet.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, but at this point if you were an odds maker what would you really put ELIO's chance of going into production at? Be realistic .
While I support ELIO and want to see it happen. They are at less than 40% and falling.

I say realistically 50/50. Personally 80/20

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't post it here to "follow the rabbit into the hole" but to be aware of what's going on out there concerning Elio and the detractors. She sent me the link and I didn't know the Facebook page existed until she did that. There is plenty of negative posted here too but I find this group the be the one with the most veracity. I am a complete Elio believer but I do know it's a risk... Go ELIO!

I'm kind of glad you posted the link. I don't actively search anything Elio related on the internet, so I would''ve never seen it. Now that I have, I may just sign-up, and 'pretend' that Kathy is an absolute GENIUS, back her 110%, and come up with crazier statements than RU at "milk and cookies" time [;):D], just to turn her "baby" (BS anti-Elio site) into a complete joke. Yep, I might just do that. :cool:

Reaction score
I will not advertize where I got this from, or the trash talk. BUT, 10 POINTS FOR NEIL !!!!! THANK YOU OUR FRIEND. HATS OFF !!!!

This project has no traits of being a scam. It has every trait of a start-up company running into some "speedbumps". I can not even imagine the Red tape and financing it would take to start a small business, much less a company with the goals and finances that Elio is reaching for.

Will Elio succeed? Who knows. Like any start-up company, there are many hurdles to overcome. And I doubt a company who is scamming people would spend the kind of money they spend for product developement and marketing. A company trying to scam would not pay a top tier company to develop and engineer a new engine. They would not spend the time and money to lobby and change state laws (regarding helmet and motorcycle license) all over the country. Their Vice President would not sell his house and most of his belongings and travel the country with his wife in an RV to promote Elio for an extended time.

And anyone who did any research and read any of the agreement when putting down a deposit should understand the risks involved. The agreement specifically states that there are no guarantees. There is also a big difference in telling lies and missing deadlines. I have seen no indication, and I doubt you can provide any, that Elio has purposely deceived anyone. I truely beleive they have had every intention of meeting stated goals. Companies miss dealines all the time. It just hits home more for us because we have monay invested in the project. At this point, efforts like this will do nothing more than make things harder for Elio and hurts chances even further.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad you posted the link. I don't actively search anything Elio related on the internet, so I would''ve never seen it. Now that I have, I may just sign-up, and 'pretend' that Kathy is an absolute GENIUS, back her 110%, and come up with crazier statements than RU at "milk and cookies" time [;):D], just to turn her "baby" (BS anti-Elio site) into a complete joke. Yep, I might just do that. :cool:
LOL, I like that idea, reverse troll the trolls.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will not advertize where I got this from, or the trash talk. BUT, 10 POINTS FOR NEIL !!!!! THANK YOU OUR FRIEND. HATS OFF !!!!

This project has no traits of being a scam. It has every trait of a start-up company running into some "speedbumps". I can not even imagine the Red tape and financing it would take to start a small business, much less a company with the goals and finances that Elio is reaching for.

Will Elio succeed? Who knows. Like any start-up company, there are many hurdles to overcome. And I doubt a company who is scamming people would spend the kind of money they spend for product developement and marketing. A company trying to scam would not pay a top tier company to develop and engineer a new engine. They would not spend the time and money to lobby and change state laws (regarding helmet and motorcycle license) all over the country. Their Vice President would not sell his house and most of his belongings and travel the country with his wife in an RV to promote Elio for an extended time.

And anyone who did any research and read any of the agreement when putting down a deposit should understand the risks involved. The agreement specifically states that there are no guarantees. There is also a big difference in telling lies and missing deadlines. I have seen no indication, and I doubt you can provide any, that Elio has purposely deceived anyone. I truely beleive they have had every intention of meeting stated goals. Companies miss dealines all the time. It just hits home more for us because we have monay invested in the project. At this point, efforts like this will do nothing more than make things harder for Elio and hurts chances even further.

I'm not great at words sometimes. Hope it sounds okay. :)

Top Bottom