• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Sec Filing

Reaction score
Elio applied the SEC for Reg A+ August 28, 2015. Didn't hit the market till February 18, 2016. That's 6 months not 6 weeks. Yes, there is 'news' coming in the coming weeks but getting financing or financial backers or maybe even future big block stock buyers is also in the works. And then there is that State of LA bull crap and the Federal Bill concerning what to call the vehicle in the background. Probably a half a dozen other things to take attention and time up.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning we will find out if Elio gets a Nasdaq listing. Can the IPO still go through without the listing?
No idea. Though it would not be IPO, Initial Public Offering.
Elio could possibly offer more OTC, Over The Counter, shares as another option if NASDAQ does not qualify ELIO as a suitable new NASDAQ listing.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would expect a 'courtesy heads up' in the form of a press release or an email blast to the mailing list so the loyal followers could hear it first from Paul. Just all of a sudden seeing the Nasdaq page magically appear populated with Elio data and wondering about this first step toward possible future stock value diminution is a cheesy way to do business and way beneath both Paul and Stu. Besides, by then it's not insider information. Certainly Nasdaq tells EM before listing. Heck, maybe Paul and Stu are already celebrating!!

Today will be exciting!

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From SEC S1
Approximate date of commencement of proposed sale to the public: As soon as practicable after the effective date of this registration statement.

Looks like there will be two dates. The effective date of registration, and commencement of sale.

Could the (effective date) be today after closing? Then ( commencement of proposed sale ) Monday?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also starting to think that in a perfect world a company would follow the timeline spelled out on the NASDAQ website. If the regulators have enough follow up questions for Elio then who knows when we'll find out. Back to waiting I'm afraid......

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just Googled, How to have a successful IPO. This popped up. Item #6 made me say, Oh no!

6. Boost your balance sheet prior to your IPO. Since you’ll raise significant capital in your IPO, it may seem counter-intuitive to seek cash beforehand as well. It’s critical that you not have any obvious “single points” of possible failure however. Public investors are unaccustomed to funding operating losses. If you need the cash you propose raising in your IPO, public investors are prone to either shy away or seek a very aggressive valuation. Commencing your IPO with full coffers will give you a position of strength as you approach public investors, and most will be more comfortable knowing the cash they’re investing isn’t critical to fund near-term operations.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem with Elio"s IPO is that they state some of the money will be used to pass off some debt. They do not say how much will go towards production of the car. No intelligent investor would invest with out knowing, maybe Nasdaq is forcing them to be more transparent.

Top Bottom