• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News From Shreveport

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line...Stu Lichter & Paul Elio made promises on time frames for job creation at the vacant GM plant they could not meet ...it's easy to see why large private investor groups are showing no interest in Elio Motors... the whole situation is just to messy...

The fact that there's still no production ready Elio vehicle only exacerbates the situation...
What makes you think investor groups aren't interested in Elio Motors?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm waiting on real "Where is the Elio" news from Shreveport or Elio Motors. Shreveport's local political politics and EM's Marketing politics both targeted at us while in reality both dedicated to their own self interests. My reality is that neither is doing much to get the Elio into our garages in a timely manner.
View attachment 11700
Unfortunately, both the above are part of the path to production.

Build it RIGHT!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Upon watching the (Full) vid of 2016-10-26 that showed State Rep Cedric Glover in which he was grilling Paul Elio, one thing that is VERY CLEAR is that Rep Cedric Glover is looking HARD for a way to VOID the deal ELIO MOTORS has on the plant and ELIO MOTORS is going to lose Shreveport plant if production doesn't start soon. He doesn't care about Elio's history, progress, financial woes, etc... He is trying to figure out a way to invalidate the deal ELIO has and free up the plant to other parties.

He's not going to go away... and is not a "friend" of ELIO MOTORS....

PS: If Glover does succeed, expect Paul Elio to be in a *LEGAL BATTLE for stuff ELIO MOTORS sold out of the plant... In addition to the delays in finding another plant.

*Glover during the grilling was very focused on the "Sweetheart" deal Elio made, implying there was some sort of underhanded things going on... Asking Paul E about his relationship with identities involved.
*Legal battle might be as simple as being a witness against RACER.. or being sucked into a lawsuit in which re-payment for stuff sold is required.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Glover made it clear in the other video that he believes there is no chance Elio will ever be in that factory. A lot of what he is doing is just political grand standing. As for the "sweetheart" deal, Glover is correct. How much money has Elio had to spend to have rights to a factory the last several years? The taxpayers have spent a lot of money for zero return.

Elio needs to find funding to produce those 100 fleet vehicles. If they had it, Elio would have been telling Glover exactly when he was hiring X people in the coming weeks. I was unable to find the video though, so maybe Elio did say those things. The part 1 with the RACER guy, I saw, but part 2 cuts out at 8 minutes for me. :(

Top Bottom