• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's my opinion that our smart phones are getting too smart. I have always been a Garmin fan and find their products outstanding in every respect. I am not saying that smart phones are bad but there are some privacy concerns that should be considered.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's my opinion that our smart phones are getting too smart. I have always been a Garmin fan and find their products outstanding in every respect. I am not saying that smart phones are bad but there are some privacy concerns that should be considered.
I have always been a Garmin fan too and recently have tested several GPS apps on my iPhone 4 and find they work pretty darn good.. I have tested Waze, Scout and Google Maps. Waze is great for commuting and people report traffic, speed traps etc. plus Waze can see your speed and knows when there will be delays.. Cool stuff especially knowing where the speed traps are! I found Google maps to be very good and recently has been improved and no ads either.. Scout looks much like Garmin and works pretty good but not as wise as Garmin.. Bottom line you will eventually get to where you need to go on the cheap with your phone.. You definitely will need to power your phone or your battery will die quickly..

Ray

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ya ba Daba Dooooo! :D

Nothing new about the three wheeled concept.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFNEc2-TT5bm9r5vTuMy791fKTU8RqOV9nKX0BHi7EHrm5hfQfsA.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrR12dHGY205gPw9xl4MAchAlp_-ZYdmb_f23UjNk7L7Zdgqpd.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Waze requires a live data connection to work, if you go into a dead zone more than a few miles long you're out of luck. With Navigon all of the maps for the US are stored on the phone and thus no data connection is needed, but takes a couple GB of storage space.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom