• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always been a Garmin fan too and recently have tested several GPS apps on my iPhone 4 and find they work pretty darn good.. I have tested Waze, Scout and Google Maps. Waze is great for commuting and people report traffic, speed traps etc. plus Waze can see your speed and knows when there will be delays.. Cool stuff especially knowing where the speed traps are! I found Google maps to be very good and recently has been improved and no ads either.. Scout looks much like Garmin and works pretty good but not as wise as Garmin.. Bottom line you will eventually get to where you need to go on the cheap with your phone.. You definitely will need to power your phone or your battery will die quickly..

Ray
I use Waze when I need to worry about traffic and Apple Maps when I just want something simple and fast. I have a Kenwood in-dash Navigation in my motorhome that I put in about two years ago, but I only use it for informational purposes like speed and elevation readings. If I need to get somewhere I use my phone. Having the in-dash unit may contradict what I stated in a earlier post so I will clarify. I bought the in-dash unit and the Nav was free and I never turn down free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waze requires a live data connection to work, if you go into a dead zone more than a few miles long you're out of luck. With Navigon all of the maps for the US are stored on the phone and thus no data connection is needed, but takes a couple GB of storage space.
I've use Apple Maps when I am traveling into an area with a lack of cell coverage. I'm guessing that it uploads the info needed to complete the trip because I've never had it drop out.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I've use Apple Maps when I am traveling into an area with a lack of cell coverage. I'm guessing that it uploads the info needed to complete the trip because I've never had it drop out.

Both apple and google maps download the maps for about 10 miles ahead I think, but if you go off route you're hosed, or more than the downloaded distance

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been unable to find on the website what options are available and what they cost?
I would like to price out my Elio.
There is only a list of current options. Prices have not been set. Shoot, not much is set in stone. Well, having three wheels is pretty much set in stone...

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is only a list of current options. Prices have not been set. Shoot, not much is set in stone. Well, having three wheels is pretty much set in stone...

upload_2014-5-14_19-59-55.jpeg

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was at the OKC showing and asked Jerome about options: He said They are trying to keep the Automatic under $1000 and I think $795 will be close..Cruise at a couple of hundred but may be a little more.($300). This means the basic elio with a 5 speed will be about $7200 (they admit they are $300 short now, and more delays will increase the $6800 to that figure) so say $7200 + $795 destination fee, a est.$150 elio store prep fee..(it has to be cleaned and gassed) so that is ABOUT $8150..plus the tax, lic. and doc fees of your state..so figure 5%+ which makes it about $8500. Now add about $800 for the auto and $300 for cruise which would be $7200+$800+$300+ $795D + $150DP = $9245 + 5% fees..totals $9700 or so. All these numbers are estimates from tour people and EM. We shall see how close I am about this time next year. Go, go Elio!

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably many more P-O-S Options will come out by Production time. They have said that they want them to be as affordable as the Elio itself; keeping the suppliers to COST + 20% markup.

Top Bottom