• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Pictures

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three traveling salesmen needed to get a motel room for the night. Business was bad, so they pooled there money to share one room. The night clerk tells them they have a vacancy in one of their $30 rooms. The salesmen say, "We'll take it!", and pony up $10 each. When the day clerk arrives he notices that the night clerk had overcharged the salesmen for the room...it should've been only $25. He gives the night clerk five ones and tells him to reimburse the salesmen. On the way to the room the night clerk can't figure out how to split the five ones three ways. "I know!", he says. "I'll keep two dollars, and give each of the salesmen one dollar each!"...and he does just that.

Here's the problem. If each salesman paid $10 each, and received $1 each back, and the night clerk kept $2, where's the missing dollar?
$30 room
$10 - $1(amount reimbursed) = $9
$9 x 3 (number of salesmen) = $27
$27 + $2 (amount clerk kept) = $29
Where's the missing dollar?

Math is like art, indeed!:DView attachment 3190

Picture added to keep my totally off-topic reply "technically" on topic.:rolleyes:
Sly Fox. :rolleyes:

Very "artful." :)

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No matter what you'll never see 84 mpg IMO.
When I got a new truck it advertised 24 mpg, it gets 21, on the highway. Every car or truck I ever owned never got advertised mileage. 84 mpg will be achieved by a test driver weighing 100lbs, no added weight on the vehicle what so ever. Laser alligned tires, Tire pressure accurate to .001 psi, precise humidity and dew point, slight tail wind, perfectly flat test track, precise throttle position that doesn't ever change set to 55 mph. In other words, expect 75 mpg and be happy with it.

Exactly . And it's one of my pet peeves . I have a 2013 Fusion and stated MPG is 27/34 I have never averaged more than 21.4 . Rule of thumb should be to expect 20% less MPG than advertised specs . Some will say that I have a heavy foot . That could be true but every new car I have ever purchased has not come close to manufacturer's claims . Damn liars :rolleyes:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly . And it's one of my pet peeves . I have a 2013 Fusion and stated MPG is 27/34 I have never averaged more than 21.4 . Rule of thumb should be to expect 20% less MPG than advertised specs . Some will say that I have a heavy foot . That could be true but every new car I have ever purchased has not come close to manufacturer's claims . Damn liars :rolleyes:
Horscoots, Welcome to the forum, source of the latest information on the development and production of the Elio. Mileage is factor of driver skills and like all other companies EM demonstrates that it can be accomplished. Most of us will never drive that way. The forum has plenty of information and I would encourage you to use the Search function to scan those threads that most appeal to you. We are generally a friendly and helpful bunch and try to keep the forum informative and entertaining. Glad you are interested in this historic vehicle and hope you enjoy the journey.

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome . I have not pre-ordered but will be in line the day they open to buy at least one . Frankly I was disappointed to read that their chosen sales channel was direct to public . There is nothing I would want more in this stage of my life than to open an Elio dealership in Metro NY .
Like many on this board , I believe that the Elio is a slam dunk . Naturally , cutting out the middle man is beneficial to their desirable price point .
Alas, I will have to settle for just the vehicle :D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome . I have not pre-ordered but will be in line the day they open to buy at least one . Frankly I was disappointed to read that their chosen sales channel was direct to public . There is nothing I would want more in this stage of my life than to open an Elio dealership in Metro NY .
Like many on this board , I believe that the Elio is a slam dunk . Naturally , cutting out the middle man is beneficial to their desirable price point .
Alas, I will have to settle for just the vehicle :D
As I understand it, you will have to wait until the second year if you don't pre-order, Only pre-orders and I believe fleet sales will be produced the first year. :-) Z

gio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I prefer the headlight on the p3 instead of the new model.
You're right.Most of the people I talk to are mad that Elio would go Japanese car style than the much preffered hot rod type.Not only that but they changed it to worse with the slick hood too.And the the back quarter window,the front fender and the real sore boxy rear.What an ugly view.Put the P3 & P4 aside and look at the difference.We needed it just like their promise on the T shirt they sent us.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like them both, for different reasons.
I'll take the P4 for the suspension underneath it! I DO love the lines, including the rather boxy looking back end. The air flow isn't as interupted as it is on the P3.
But, the P3 looks, well like stream lined American! Something straight from an airliner! It LOOKS like it should have a growl!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're right.Most of the people I talk to are mad that Elio would go Japanese car style than the much preffered hot rod type.Not only that but they changed it to worse with the slick hood too.And the the back quarter window,the front fender and the real sore boxy rear.What an ugly view.Put the P3 & P4 aside and look at the difference.We needed it just like their promise on the T shirt they sent us.

Then you will probably love the "final version" headlights. I asked Jeremy V (at the Rome air show) what the P4 lights where taken from. He said that he didn't remember but, the final versions will be different anyway. :)

As far as the overall looks...I like them just fine. And the better the mileage, the better I like the looks. :cool: I really look forward to seeing all of the customizing that will be done. :cool: :cool:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then you will probably love the "final version" headlights. I asked Jeremy V (at the Rome air show) what the P4 lights where taken from. He said that he didn't remember but, the final versions will be different anyway. :)

Oh ouch, that kind of hurts my 3d model attempt. So I guess I promise to adjust that in the graphics as soon as I know. I have no images of what that headlight styling might be.
If it's not a bulging geometry, not much trouble for the 3d print. But still a problem for any snap together model.
At some point, I really need to know if these headlights stick out and what the style is.

It has been stated before about safety related to wide set headlights, and it leaves more internal space. So I wouldn't be surprised to see something that 'bumps' out.

Top Bottom