• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just for hypothetical conversation, as an alternative to Pep Boys is there an independent national motorcycle repair chain with a good reputation ?

Jim

MyElio1678

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vance,Al 35490 (born and raised in California)
So now we know why the maintenance departments at each Elio store doesn't have to be that large. From press release...

PEP BOYS HAS BEEN NAMED THE OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER OF ELIO MOTORS

It's a quantum leap toward our dream!

Pep Boys, the multi-billion dollar, nationwide retail and service center chain, is the official service center for Elio Motors! With hundreds and hundreds of stores across the US, Pep Boys is the ideal partner we've been looking for. They have the reach, experience, and brand recognition to satisfy our customers in all areas of service and maintenance.

(link to EM site not working for me. hopefully for someone else?)

I grew up with Manny, Moe and Jack! That's the Pep Boys names in case you are not familiar with their names. Went on many visits there with my dad growing up.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul's business philosophy is to sell a product at a profit. Pep Boys' business philosophy is to sell a product at a profit. Same philosophy.
I think your difficulty is you are not thinking like a business. Business is selling stuff for a profit. There is no profit right now in spending the time (money) bringing thousands of employees up to speed on a business proposition that may never happen.

"Irregardless" ain't a word. ;) Well OK, it is, but "regardless" is a better word. :D

I am with you though that Pep Boys will only be allowed to do warranty work that I can't convince them just to give me the part so I can do it myself. I will do all other work. They are a giant corporation interested only in profit so they pay their mechanics poorly and get what they pay for.
Irregardless first appeared in print in 1912 as an item in the American Dialectal Dictionary and later in the 1923 Literacy Digest.

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that it is odd that at both pep boys locations near me (one is auto parts store AND service bays, the other location is service bays only), nobody seems to be aware that Elio exists? Would it not make sense for there to be promotional materials in pep boys stores? (At least at the combination auto parts/service center locations where there is floor space for a small display)...

lkptpete

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that it is odd that at both pep boys locations near me (one is auto parts store AND service bays, the other location is service bays only), nobody seems to be aware that Elio exists? Would it not make sense for there to be promotional materials in pep boys stores? (At least at the combination auto parts/service center locations where there is floor space for a small display)...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really. Production is a year away. The production vehicle does not exist yet. To them there is nothing to promote. :-) Z

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Pep have been playing to mixed reviews (mostly negitive in my opinion) and all the posts mention the total unawareness (at the store levels) of their upcoming relationship w/ Elio- if you want to read the other views of Pep, there have been quite a few posts/discussions.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I responded to your other post:

Not really. Production is a year away. The production vehicle does not exist yet. To them there is nothing to promote. :) Z

Top Bottom