• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Motorcycles were banned by my parents, both of them were riders and trashed their knees in crashes... then when I was 12 I proved you didn't have to be on a motorized bike to do the same :p Go down a steep enough hill and you can easily go 40mph+, which is not good when the road (for some unknown reason that our town routinely did) covered the pavement with loose gravel.

Steve McKenney

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It wasn't a drastic fall but I was lucky. Illinois doesn't have a helmet law and when I laid it down, I didn't roll head over heels but side over side. I also slid about 100 feet on a state hwy. I know that the best thing I could have done was get back on one and ride again but honestly, I think I got away with one and don't really want to push my luck. I miss riding but not at the expense of falling off again.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My baby before the wreck. Haven't seen her since the crash site and I was taken to the ambulance. RIP. lol

Attachments

• motorcycle.jpg
    motorcycle.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 242

mrmeeks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a motorcycle accident in September of 2012 (not my fault) and shattered my pelvis and that led to a total hip replacement this past February. I promised my wife I wouldn't ride two wheeled motorcycles any more. But I have been trying to talk her into letting me get a new Can-Am Spyder RSS but I'm not having much luck so far. I've been riding since I was 16 and I'm 70 now. My previous bikes are pictured here: http://s279.photobucket.com/user/mrmeeks_striple/library/?sort=6&start=all&page=1 This was my 2008 Triumph Street Triple before the accident: NewestWallpaper-2.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I rode to public school until I entered college and after a stint in the service got back on a bike for commuting and weekends out in the dirt. Eventually I traded for a couple of smaller bikes I could hoist onto carriers on our motorhome. When those were sold after a few years, I wanted back in the wind, but having moved to Houston with all of the crazy traffic and plenty of drunks on the road, I postponed my purchase. My lady, now my wife, didn't like the idea of me riding again, and when a good friend of ours high-sided his big Yamaha when a woman pulled out in front of him, he was saved only by his gear and a lifetime of martial arts that taught him how to fall. He survived with a lot of bumps and bruises - and immediately sold his bike. At that point, my wife put her foot down. No more bikes for me.

Now she wants me to buy an Elio. Can you beat that? Well I can, my wife wants one of her own and my daughter wants one too. These women must have been closet biker chicks all along.

Top Bottom